Trailer tires

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Trailer tires these days suck I just checked pressure greased axles 75 miles later a person tells me my tires busted. Never felt or heard anything trailer was empty.. why do I keep farming ??? Oh yea I love the constant bs and torture.

Frustrating for sure. I run load range G on practically all heavy trailers. I had one blow a hole in the side wall. It wouldn't take air and I couldn't figure out why. Pulled the outside tire and saw the hole on the inside tire. It only had about 900 miles on it. Yokohama tire

backhoeboogie":30aj5xh7 said:
Frustrating for sure. I run load range G on practically all heavy trailers. I had one blow a hole in the side wall. It wouldn't take air and I couldn't figure out why. Pulled the outside tire and saw the hole on the inside tire. It only had about 900 miles on it. Yokohama tire

Oh it gets better the spare the trailer place sold me doesn't even fit that hub... :mad: I took the tire off the drums about 8 inches off the ground so thats how it will limp home. Where do you buy your tires and brand you use? I have tried several different companies they all are crap from where I found.

trailer tires should be replaced every 5 yrs whether they have any miles on them or not. I just started buying real trailer tires for my utility trailers a few years ago . I had always ran used car tires but I dealt with flats more often. Had 2 put on my utv trailer a few weeks ago 140.00 out the door at Road Mart

M-5":3h8lx8m8 said:
trailer tires should be replaced every 5 yrs whether they have any miles on them or not. I just started buying real trailer tires for my utility trailers a few years ago . I had always ran used car tires but I dealt with flats more often. Had 2 put on my utv trailer a few weeks ago 140.00 out the door at Road Mart

Yea i never ran car or truck tires on a trailer these tires only been on since December.

True Grit Farms":3h8lx8m8 said:
I'm not overly happy with any 15" trailer tire. But these seem to be holding up on a single axle trailer that I tow my Samurai on.
https://www.etrailer.com/Tires-and-Whee ... 10303.html

thanks yea 15" sucks

I wish they would make a semi trailer tire that could fit on a 15" rim, and still have clearance so it didn't rub the sides.

M-5":2mi5meh2 said:

My uncle put some used tires on one of my trailers. I only had about 6 tons on it, thank goodness. I cleaned out the ditches on both sides of the road and tore up all rims. The money he saved with used tires wound up being very costly. Time consuming too. Lucky there was no oncoming traffic or it would have been much worse.

skyhightree1":30nhxl7v said:
backhoeboogie":30nhxl7v said:

Oh it gets better the spare the trailer place sold me doesn't even fit that hub... :mad: I took the tire off the drums about 8 inches off the ground so thats how it will limp home. Where do you buy your tires and brand you use? I have tried several different companies they all are crap from where I found.
I get almost everything now from Simpletire online , free shipping and most of the time I get it next day . Big catalog , good descriptions , highly reccomend. I feel for ya, Ive ruined 3 tires on different things in the last month . Very frustrating .

BobbyLummus1":1ihwd2ly said:
i think most all trailer manufacturers put the cheapest tires possible on trailers to pricepoint the sell

Exactly. It is the age we live in. If a trailer cost $20 less 100 miles away, people will burn $30 worth of fuel to go get it.

I bought a flat bed from an estate sale, drug it to Goodyear immediately and replaced everything on it. Wound up with nearly half the price of the trailer spent again on tires.

snoopdog":39cl5nsy said:
skyhightree1":39cl5nsy said:
backhoeboogie":39cl5nsy said:

I get almost everything now from Simpletire online , free shipping and most of the time I get it next day . Big catalog , good descriptions , highly reccomend. I feel for ya, Ive ruined 3 tires on different things in the last month . Very frustrating .

Thanks... I sure would love to have some aircraft tires on trailers

Latest posts