Trailer Floor

Help Support CattleToday:

jeroberts

Reaction score
I recently had a Line X bed liner sprayed in my truck. This started me thinking, how would this work for a wood plank cow trailer floor. The Line X is non skid and the guy said it adheres real well to wood. It can also be sprayed over the wire panels in the floor. It sure would be a lot easier to clean out and the floor would last for ever.
Has anyone done this or have any thoughts?

Thanks

Seems like it would hold water pee etc . My truck has that sprayed on the bed and it's slick when it's wet . Try it and let us know how it works ...

Best thing you can do is a pump sprayer with diesel and the floor will last forever. Tire's dry rotted on mine after 18 years floor is still rock solid. Hate to tell you this there is no shortcut for washing one out and keeping the lumber treated.

Caustic Burno":964fj4vb said:
Best thing you can do is a pump sprayer with diesel and the floor will last forever. Tire's dry rotted on mine after 18 years floor is still rock solid. Hate to tell you this there is no shortcut for washing one out and keeping the lumber treated.
AMEN! I couldn't begin to tell you how many trailers that I've seen that are rusted out. They ask why the trailer didn't last longer and we ask did you ever wash it? Their answer is NO :dunce: Here's your sign. The best thing you can do is wash it out every time you use it and keep the boards sprayed with some kind of treatment.

Slick when wet?

I drive a long bed. I pull my Ranger into the bed, driving over the Line-X'd wheel wells and have never found it to be slick. In fact, one reason to do it is so things don't slide around in the bed.

If it's prepped and sprayed on properly, nothin's getting wet except the coating. Easy to hose out and just lift the front higher than the rear and it'll be dry in no time.

I've seen it put on aluminum floors many times. Ive seen it put up about A foot around the inside of a steel trailer a few times. I think for both applications people use the roll on kind in a can. its not that great in a truck bed. It seems to work fine in a trailer.

In my day job I do a lot of driving around with heavy pallet boxes of steel parts in the back of a one ton pu. Tried all sorts of bed liner setups. Had a pu with sprayed on coating - hit the brakes hard one time and about wrecked the front wall of the bed - and about wet my pants when that pallet about came thru the bed, window and into the front seat with a crash.

Bed liner = not enough friction
Rubber mat = too much friction - can't load easily
Plywood bolted to the floor = just right

I see the same in my stock trailer - heavy wood floor cleaned after use and treated to keep it from drying out seems to be working. And close the middle gate at all times.

Latest posts