trailer floor

Help Support CattleToday:

bojack

Reaction score
Anyone out there with tips on rebuilding the floor on a livestock trailer?

Just rebuilt mine with wood 2 X 12 's. Ran about 200 dollars. Left around a half inch gap between blanks. Easy to clean. Put a fence pan in to help with the slip. Anymore specifics? I am to help my FIL with his.

Scotty

I wouldn't use any treated lumber. I'd spray as was suggested. The new treated lumber is ACQ, not the older CCA. ACQ will eat untreated steel and I'd suspect it would do the same to a trailer any place the wood touched it.

You might want to check out this website.

http://www.sutherlands.com/acq.htm

Good luck

I put the rubber boards in mine and spaced them out. It was a little more expensive, but I won't have to do it again. The rubber will last longer than the trailer.

Rancher6":dvdow0c9 said:
I put the rubber boards in mine and spaced them out. It was a little more expensive, but I won't have to do it again. The rubber will last longer than the trailer.

Did you have to add extra support for the rubber.
And what is the weight comparison?

dj":qlp7fkyl said:
Rancher6":qlp7fkyl said:

Did you have to add extra support for the rubber.
And what is the weight comparison?

The Rumber as it's called is 1 1/2"x7" tounge and groove it takes 11 boards to go across an 79" trailer the cross members need to be at least 15" on center a 20 lenght will weigh 91#s its heavy but carries a 20 year warrenty.It cost $1100 to do a 20' trailer.What ever Rancher6 used must not be the same as it is not to be spaced out or you void warrenty.