Trailer Delivery

Help Support CattleToday:

I was in Chicago about 25 years ago to pick up some machinery at the old Logan lathe Mfg co. I ended up at State & Dearborn at Noon while pedestrians and 6 lanes of traffic circled around the city. I was pulling a 102inch wide x 16 ft trailer behind a 85 Chevy Suburban. We had spent an extra day in Springfield IL when a lifter came apart and bent a pushrod on the rebuilt engine. then I got an allergic reaction to the laundry soap in the motel sheets that night.. It was a trip.. Last time I was in Chicago....

Crime rate is horrible.

Oh goodness. Live a little. 🙃 I ride through there windows down,doors unlock, Snoopdog playin'. 😁🧏🏽‍♀️✌🏽🤟🏽 Now Eastern Kentucky 🔒🪟🆙️ and don't 🛑 Definitely don't pull in anyone drive to turn around unless you want 🔫 or 🔪pulled on you at the least. 😬
Why you so scared you 💩 your 👖?
Hey for real we were some where out west all these people kept walking out in traffic looked like zombies. I realized they were high. Albuquerque I believe it was. It was craziness. Than we saw a car skip 5 lanes run right off the highway on to a golf course.....4. 😎

Oh goodness. Live a little. 🙃 I ride through there windows down,doors unlock, Snoopdog playin'. 😁🧏🏽‍♀️✌🏽🤟🏽 Now Eastern Kentucky 🔒🪟🆙️ and don't 🛑 Definitely don't pull in anyone drive to turn around unless you want 🔫 or 🔪pulled on you at the least. 😬
Why you so scared you 💩 your 👖?
Hey for real we were some where out west all these people kept walking out in traffic looked like zombies. I realized they were high. Albuquerque I believe it was. It was craziness. Than we saw a car skip 5 lanes run right off the highway on to a golf course.....4. 😎
I think you could ride shotgun with me and carry the shotgun like the old days of the stage coach.
I guess it's all perception of what we have heard. I can see eastern KY out my front door and I don't think twice about going there. Much of the area I work is just like there. But I'm a little crazy myself. I crawl in an old coal mine to pull dogs off a bear and don't think about it.

A lot of people are a little different in Eastern Kentucky than around here, I will say.

Last edited:
I think you could ride shotgun with me and carry the shotgun like the old days of the stage coach.
I guess it's all perception of what we have heard. I can see eastern KY out my front door and I don't think twice about going there. Much of the area I work is just like there. But I'm a little crazy myself. I crawl in an old coal mine to pull dogs off a bear and don't think about it.
I'd hate to get halfway in and stop to ponder the situation!! Probably best not to think about it.

Thirty-some years ago I was helping out with sampling for the health department at the milk plants in the Houston area. I can't remember right now which one it was, but one of them was on Leeland Street, in a less then upper class part of town.

I never had any trouble, but I was told one of my predecessors was there when shots were fired close by, and he jumped into the tank on one of the milk trucks. I might have done the same thing.

I agree. We have a buddy who lives over there. Meet alot of nice people from there. Not saying everyone is the same or every one is bad going to slit your throat, pulling your toe nails, and your never to be heard of again. Just alot of sketchy activities. Definitely, can't stereotype one area. I'm just saying out of every where that be the least place I'd want to be lone. 🙌🏾 I'm sure there are worse places. I just don't see East St. Louis, Detroit, ect. At bad. They don't have cows in the city and the traffic sucks. 😁
I don't need a shotgun to go anywhere I'm plenty mean if need be.
I was in Memphis one time. We were renting a car dolly when my car broken down. I believe I've told this story. How the tow truck driver told my husband I was in the black part of Memphis. 🤔 🙄 Memphis is 46% black how was I in the black part. Anyway the man at the Uhaul said something about how I talked being so polite calling him sir, saying Thank you and all. He said people don't talk like that around there he appreciated that.
Sometimes people taking using ma'am and sir as being a smart🐴. Guess it depends on how they were raised. 🤷🏽‍♀️

The trailer finally got finished about 4:30 today so it's not going to make the Dettoit parade tomorrow. I'm taking it up tomorrow night for a Friday morning delivery.
Chevy, I can pick you up in Ky as I come through. Do I bring the shotgun?

Come on Kenny there is plenty of time to get it there before tomorrow!
Yes there was but no there wasn't. I could have gotten it there but it needed to be a day earlier so they could put their logo on it. Sure glad I didn't have to travel before Thanksgiving. I actually don't expect the traffic to be very bad tonight.

If anyone hears about a truck with a 32ft horse trailer sliding down I-75 northbound sideways across all 4 lanes, that would be me. A car wrecked on an icy bridge and I almost hit it plus the bridge. Pulled into a rest area until it gets daylight. Probably gonna have to clean up.
I can't believe that I got it straightened up without hitting something.

If anyone hears about a truck with a 32ft horse trailer sliding down I-75 northbound sideways across all 4 lanes, that would be me. A car wrecked on an icy bridge and I almost hit it plus the bridge. Pulled into a rest area until it gets daylight. Probably gonna have to clean up.
I can't believe that I got it straightened up without hitting something.
Good thing you are an experienced driver, no doubt it paid off. David ought to pay you hazardous duty pay for that delivery.

Latest posts