Trailer brakes

Help Support CattleToday:

I am thinking that maybe the inertia/pendulum type only applies the brakes if the truck is moving and decelerating and does not apply them if you are stopped and just pressing the brake pedal. For sure the time delay type keeps the brakes energized when you are stopped with the pedal pushed. Does the inertia type keep the brakes energized after the truck stops? I don't think I have noticed if it does or not.

I tried it while moving also same result. This one keeps power on as long as brake/ lever is applied.

Does the inertia type keep the brakes energized after the truck stops? I don't think I have noticed if it does or not.
Yes. Have someone sit in the truck with their foot on the brake pedal while you walk by the trailer axles, you should hear the hum of the magnets if you have electric brakes.

I've often wondered about the durability of self-adjusting pendulum type brake boxes in a dirty environment. I'd assume the self-leveling mechanisms would have to have just about zero friction to level themselves out, and imagine a little bit of dirt/dust buildup on the mechanism would do all kinds of wonky things to them.

I've had a couple of the Prodigy P2 controllers go bad over the years, and I'm pretty sure both of them were in the truck that we feed with most often.

Latest posts