Trail Riding

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Well, actually it was a poker derby, but same idea and we got to see some wonderful country. This is only about 15 miles SW of where I live, in one of the Community Pastures. It was a couple weeks ago now.

Starting out, down the trail we go
xy_DSC00766.jpg

xy_DSC00767.jpg

xy_DSC00768.jpg

Some cows, wondering if they are under attack...
xy_DSC00769.jpg

There was even a wagon along
xy_DSC00772.jpg

More riders
xy_DSC00775.jpg

Some scenery, pretty green, and pretty wet for late September!!
xy_DSC00777.jpg

More scenery, yes, that IS an outhouse :???:
xy_DSC00783.jpg

Looking back..
xy_DSC00785.jpg

Landmarks, these are just up the hill from an old homestead. They built them so that they knew where they were heading. The hills look pretty similar a lot of times!
xy_DSC00792.jpg

The sandstones
xy_DSC00793.jpg

xy_DSC00795.jpg

xy_DSC00796.jpg

xy_DSC00797.jpg

A couple of riders on top
xy_DSC00799.jpg

Interesting old rocks, there is even a cave in them
xy_DSC00801.jpg

xy_DSC00815.jpg

xy_DSC00820.jpg

A view from the other side
xy_DSC00822.jpg

More scenery
xy_DSC00824.jpg

wow what a great time you all must of had. beautiful pictures, now i want to hit the trail.. so jealous... lol thanks for shearing.. Rose :cboy:

You are all welcome. And thanks for the compliments!! That is the only trail ride I got on this year. As for the photos, it is amazing how good the photos come out when you are on the back of a GOOD horse!!

Beautiful pics Randi!! Thanks for posting them. Wasn't what I expected at all. We trail ride like this.
mjyhgf.jpg

I find the rock formations or rather erosion intrigueing and was thinking water years ago? Could it be? Loverly area(especially the space) and pics.
Spoon-think i would prefer Randi's trail,yours looks a bit hairy!

Spoon, that's not riding, that's driving :nod: I think I will stick to my horses tooo, that looks a bit too much for me ;-)

Alison, they are sandstone, so relatively easily eroded. A lot would certainly have been water, but since we don't get a lot of rain, it takes years.

Randi-was thinking more Gondwana days.Sandstone is formed when beaches, dunes,seabeds (sand) are covered over the years. :?:

Latest posts