Trail cams

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
There has recently been some shady characters that moved into my area... couple nights ago a friend of mine had 2 dirt bikes stolen.

Our yard is pretty spread out, hard to surveil any given area... I could put up trail cams along the road, one at each end of the property.. won't prevent theft but you know in what direction to look, and it might help other people out.

Here's the cam I was looking at, seems to have good reviews
https://www.trailcampro.com/products/br ... 2440525712

If you have good cell service in your area, I would go with Covert. They are a little pricey, but they immediately text the pic to your phone as soon as they detect movement. I have 3 of them and they work great.

Most brands have cell camera options now, but keep in mind you have to pay your cell provider an extra fee. It's not much, but it's another monthly bill
Browning cameras are one of the more reputable brands.

really lousy cell service here.. with motivation I could probably set up WIFI, but that wouldn't be easy either.

I wouldn't want a text every time a car drives by though.. Do they have the option to delete old pictures as space runs out?

It would be more a case of if something goes missing somewhere, I can look back and see... even big stuff has been stolen, excavators and the like... We're down at the end of a long road before it's all indian reserve... perfect hiding place for stolen stuff.

I put one in my drive way about 100 yards from my house. It gets a pic when they come down drive and pic of plates when they leave.

Latest posts