Trail Camera

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
Well I finally broke down and did it.I bought myself a trail camera.
A bushnell digital trail sentry. Don't know the first thing about them but I think
with the instructions I have it set up.Time will tell,I have it on the carport and there's three of granny's cats that come and go all the time.
Has anyone bought one of these wally world jewels?

Cal

Not bought one yet but have been thinking about getting one to see who comes and goes at one of the farms. What's everyones thoughts about the kind to get? Is there one that does not flash so no one will know when their picture has been taken?

Kenny theirs a lot more I don't know than what I do know about these camera's,but you have to set the time of evening when you want it to flash or otherwise there is just a little red light that blinks when it takes a picture.
And by the way I checked out the pictures from the carport and had some real good ones of the cats.In color too.

Cal

kenny thomas":ev21np2j said:
Not bought one yet but have been thinking about getting one to see who comes and goes at one of the farms. What's everyones thoughts about the kind to get? Is there one that does not flash so no one will know when their picture has been taken?
I believe some higher end models will send the image to your computer as soon as the picture is taken. It might net you a pic of whoever steals it. :D

I had wondered how you kept someone from stealing it.
My cousin got his picture taken by one while coon hunting a few nights ago. Everyone had a big laugh, even the guy who owned the camera.

The infrared cameras don;t have a visible flash the others do. For night pictures the regular flash jobs are pretty useless. You get one picture then nothing since the flash scares the critters away. For human critters it also gives away the location of the camera.

dun":1l1dd9jg said:
The infrared cameras don;t have a visible flash the others do. For night pictures the regular flash jobs are pretty useless. You get one picture then nothing since the flash scares the critters away. For human critters it also gives away the location of the camera.

Well as far as night pictures I rekon it don't mater anyhow,can't hunt deer at night.But to try to catch someone on your property that would be a different story.

Cal

The flash on mine did seem to bother Mr. Bear. I got lots of multiple night pictures of him. And I had one doe and fawn that seemed to get use to it going off.

Dave":u5gqxwqd said:
The flash on mine did seem to bother Mr. Bear. I got lots of multiple night pictures of him. And I had one doe and fawn that seemed to get use to it going off.
With my flash type I would get one picture of the aniaml and either a blank or a butt. Except for coons and possums. I think they liked having the stuff lit up so they could eat better.

My Bushnell camera takes pretty good night pics with a flash. The flash don't seem to bother deer around here. They stand there and get their pictures taken several times over. I have it on a 30 second pause between flash pics to.

HOSS":199fppm7 said:
My Bushnell camera takes pretty good night pics with a flash. The flash don't seem to bother deer around here. They stand there and get their pictures taken several times over. I have it on a 30 second pause between flash pics to.

Same thing happened to me,Hoss.I have several pic of the same deer just in different positions.Left it for about 5 days and had 422 pictures.6 coon at one time.Also have picture proof that the coon run the deer off from the feeder.Had several buck pictures but none real great.One 8point that was not to bad.Mostly 4's and 6's. Had one spike that looked like the horns was about 8in long. Also had turkey galore.

Cal

dun":oixpaeb9 said:

They get use to it just like any thing else.

Latest posts