Tragic

Help Support CattleToday:

I have a friend that had a wreck with his four wheeler this week. He broke several ribs, and his collarbone. He is very lucky he didn't get killed. He laid out there for several hours before his wife found him. He is a bit crazy on the thing, goes way to fast. He had an axle break.

I have had a wheel come off our twice, but luckily I was not going very fast. It is a little unsettling when you see your wheel pass you up.

Where I came from in Western Washington there are no rattle snakes. People from there are always telling me how scared they are of snakes. Next time they tell me that I plan to point out that I know of only one person arond here snake bit. That was 35 years ago. She recovered just fine. On the other hand I know family members of two people killed on quads in this area.

I only know of one. It was a young boy some years ago who ran into something and messed up his liver. He was in the hospital for several days afterwards, but they couldn't save him.

Friend of ours wrecked her 4 wheeler 2 weeks back. Collapsed a lung, broke her neck and back, broken pelvis and collar bone. Very lucky to be alive and walking. She was drinking and being dumb on it. Hope she learned a lesson.

We've got a quad but rarely use it. I try to stick to the sxs's.

Friend of ours wrecked her 4 wheeler 2 weeks back. Collapsed a lung, broke her neck and back, broken pelvis and collar bone. Very lucky to be alive and walking. She was drinking and being dumb on it. Hope she learned a lesson.

We've got a quad but rarely use it. I try to stick to the sxs's.
Any time someone named 'Lucky' posts anything on a Tragic topic you can bet your - - s Lee is going to look to see what happened .

Next time they tell me that I plan to point out that I know of only one person arond here snake bit. That was 35 years ago. She recovered just fine.

"just fine" is a relative term..
Got bit by a copperhead back around 2010, just one fang putured left foot on one toe. Leg swole up, turned black to above my knee. My left foot never really returned to it's normal size and I have circulation problems in that foot to this day.

I have seen this happen way too many times. I am not big fan of quads for this exact reason. I prefer the side x side myself. Back in the old days they made the 3-wheeler style. Those were a death trap waiting to happen. There is a reason they don't sell those anymore
But they still have motorcycles going up and down the highways.
I knew so many people that got killed on these things in just a fender bender.
I know this is a touchy subject, but I hate them.
Lots of people love them though.

But they still have motorcycles going up and down the highways.
I knew so many people that got killed on these things in just a fender bender.
I know this is a touchy subject, but I hate them.
Lots of people love them though.
Dad had a neighbor that always told him that his horses were going to kill him. The neighbor gathered with his motorcycle; he ended up getting thrown over the handlebars and broke his neck.

They are a tool. And like most tools they will hurt if not handled correctly. This time of the year I am on mine first thing every morning changing the irrigation. So are most of my neighbors. During calving season I am on it several times a day checking cows. But the majority of cattle gathering is done horse back. A lot of this ground isn't designed to drive any motorized vehicle on. So when you do use one to take out salt or check water one has to remember to remain sane about what you are doing.

"just fine" is a relative term..
Got bit by a copperhead back around 2010, just one fang putured left foot on one toe. Leg swole up, turned black to above my knee. My left foot never really returned to it's normal size and I have circulation problems in that foot to this day.
I was bitten by a copperhead after dark in my yard. I got in the light and saw two puncture marks on my ankle. I killed the snake and took it to the hospital with me. A DNR guy showed up and verified it was a copperhead, They watched for about 1 1/2 hour and nothing really happened. A few blood vessels around the bite darkened but no real swelling. Found out later that 1/3 of snakebites are a dry bite---- its just a warning bite. But hospital gave me the antivenom anyway! That was a MISTAKE on my part allowing them to do so. I got sicker from the antivenom than I did the snakebite------and developed several allergies over the next 10 days that I never had before!!
I went on the hunt and found several others in the area also. None survived!

Latest posts