Trade Tips and Effects ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Richnm said:
Most cows are 1400 pound range, frame score I would guess around 6. I have one cow that was 1800 pounds open when I bought her. Yesterday she wouldn't fit in the chute when we ai'd her. https://postimg.cc/gallery/18yy7nnd4/. Forgive the corral, it's temporary going to make some pens and a work facility this winter after last cutting.

That is about the same here. Average about 1400. Frame about 6.5 but I have a couple that probably go 1650 and at least one that will approach 1800.

cowgal604 said:
As a Canadian I say plant more WEED crops. Not hemp. You need some Sativa plants my friend.

My cows are just an ornament. The real money is in recreational and medical marijuana. The local government here has only allowed people owning property in the ALR (agricultural land reserve) WITH existing structures in place to grow. That means the tractors are going out in the rain and the building are in full bloom.

When weed becomes completely legal in the US don't you think it will also be worthless?

shaz said:
cowgal604 said:
As a Canadian I say plant more WEED crops. Not hemp. You need some Sativa plants my friend.

My cows are just an ornament. The real money is in recreational and medical marijuana. The local government here has only allowed people owning property in the ALR (agricultural land reserve) WITH existing structures in place to grow. That means the tractors are going out in the rain and the building are in full bloom.

When weed becomes completely legal in the US don't you think it will also be worthless?

Big business in this country, not here, but in the cities. Black market is still #1 producer. Dealers sell for around $6 a gram and government sells for $10. Not surprising that only 1/3 of weed purchased here is from government sources. Gram is 1/28th of an ounce. The huge market that is coming is edibles. Majority of people don't want to smoke it, they want to eat it in brownies and chips. Edibles could be 3-4 times market share.

Stocker Steve said:
How much of the Canadian weed is prescribed by MDs, and paid for thru the national health system?

I have no idea. Its very popular with cancer patients in palliative care when they have zero appetite and horrendous pain and morphine levels can no longer be raised. Really helped my neighbor's daughter cope before she died this time last year at 38 years from melanoma.

MN attempts to limit to medical pot to only certain conditions. Not sure how well that works.
I have a friend from Colorado, which is more liberal. Sound like aches and pains qualify.

That's not it's butt. That's a frontal pic. Weak up front. S Line top. Looks like a bottle fed Jersey.

You can see the butt from the front, c'mon..
But since it seems necessary, same calf, 7 months old or so?

Here she is with her first calf, 4 months old

shaz said:
cowgal604 said:

Funny enough when it first became legal in Canada we did see a decrease in price. Pounds that were selling for $1500 went down to $800. But now they are right back up at the high dollar mark. Weed works in seasons. And its a business of the wealthy. If you didn't have your hand in the game before it was legal you have to have a ton of wealth to make it a go. The government knew what they were doing.

But does it become worth less, yes. I think Oregon saw that pretty bad. But the government in the US Is allowing things like outdoor growing putting way more product on the market. They don't allow that in Canada. Keeps the crops smaller. Keeps the value high.

Aaron said:
shaz said:
cowgal604 said:

Big business in this country, not here, but in the cities. Black market is still #1 producer. Dealers sell for around $6 a gram and government sells for $10. Not surprising that only 1/3 of weed purchased here is from government sources. Gram is 1/28th of an ounce. The huge market that is coming is edibles. Majority of people don't want to smoke it, they want to eat it in brownies and chips. Edibles could be 3-4 times market share.

You're right on that. And have you ever purchased from the government store? I did it for curiosity. I think the weed was 2 years old. It was basically dust. Edibles licenses are about to be issued, and I'm ready to go with a product :banana:

cowgal604 said:
Aaron said:
shaz said:

You're right on that. And have you ever purchased from the government store? I did it for curiosity. I think the weed was 2 years old. It was basically dust. Edibles licenses are about to be issued, and I'm ready to go with a product :banana:

Nope. Have never and will never consume weed in any way. Can't stand the smell of it. Tobacco on the other hand....

Latest posts