Trade Shows and Bull or Replacement Heifer Sales

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Help me out here, please!<p>If you have attended a trade show, bull sale or replacement female sale, say in the last 3 to 5 years, why did you attend? <p>If you attended another or the same one in a following year, what did you see that drew you back to the show?<p>If you attended one and have not returned, what turned you off to the event?<p>I am on the board of a Sale/Trade Show in North Mississippi and I'm just trying to get an idea of what creates a successful trade show at a beef event!<p>Thanks for any comments!<p>Phil in MS.
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

Phil, we go to several bull, purebred cows and replacement heifers sales each year to see what is selling well, how calves of the AI sires we're using look and to visit with other breeders. We attend trade shows based on what sort of program, seminar, etc., is being offered. Did that help?<p>: Help me out here, please!<p>: If you have attended a trade show, bull sale or replacement female sale, say in the last 3 to 5 years, why did you attend? <p>: If you attended another or the same one in a following year, what did you see that drew you back to the show?<p>: If you attended one and have not returned, what turned you off to the event?<p>: I am on the board of a Sale/Trade Show in North Mississippi and I'm just trying to get an idea of what creates a successful trade show at a beef event!<p>: Thanks for any comments!<p>: Phil in MS.<p>
<br>

[email protected]

<br>: Phil, we go to several bull, purebred cows and replacement heifers sales each year to see what is selling well, how calves of the AI sires we're using look and to visit with other breeders. We attend trade shows based on what sort of program, seminar, etc., is being offered. Did that help?<p>: : Help me out here, please!<p>: : If you have attended a trade show, bull sale or replacement female sale, say in the last 3 to 5 years, why did you attend? <p>: : If you attended another or the same one in a following year, what did you see that drew you back to the show?<p>: : If you attended one and have not returned, what turned you off to the event?<p>: : I am on the board of a Sale/Trade Show in North Mississippi and I'm just trying to get an idea of what creates a successful trade show at a beef event!<p>: : Thanks for any comments!<p>: : Phil in MS.<p>Phil,<br>I purchase just about all of my Hereford replacement females at special replacement sales. I have several reasons. Good commercial females are hard to find. You can purchase 5-50 head that are just about all alike and usually come from one place. Most importantly, these cattle have been evaluated for udder quality, teeth, age etc. prior to the sale. Those with any visual problems are sorted off and sold at weekly regular sales. Most of the time you have to pay alittle more, but it is worth it because the more I know about a group of cattle the more I can afford to pay. When you figure the time and fuel to drive to look at replacements at numerous locations then the extra price is not much extra at all. There is no junk or trader cattle and the sales I have attended. You ask a good question.
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts