Tractor tubes

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep":33q01x90 said:
jedstivers":33q01x90 said:
Nesikep":33q01x90 said:
I think Titan tires (Goodyear rebrands) are US made still.. at least they were last time I checked
One of the very worst tires made.
But Made in the USA still right ? :hide:
Don't know nor care where it's made. They are awful.
Firestone, Michelin, and treliborg are giving the best service.

What ever you decide, don't go with cheap tubes. Last summer I had one tractor develop a leak with fluid. Called service, they replaced the stem, next day still leaking. Called back, they sent out two new tubes and replaced. As they were going out the drive I walked by other tractor, holy moley, both of those flat. They came back out to replace those tubes. I looked online and it is a common problem with cheap tubes. No warranty even on one set less then one year old.

jedstivers":2m9is75g said:
Nesikep":2m9is75g said:
jedstivers":2m9is75g said:
One of the very worst tires made.

Goodyear - Titan donated over $42,000. dollars to the Georgia young farmers association yesterday. They have an auction every year at the Sun Belt ag expo and donate all the money that's raised to the young farmers program.

Previous owner put a set of Titans on the front and rear of my 7710 just before I bought it, they're not much. They'll break traction sooner than they should and have very little meat in the sidewalls.

Put a new set of 20.8's on my 1486 a few years ago and was surprised at the price. Dealer asked me if I wanted radials and I'm thinking , OK, not much difference in price - wrong! Michelins cost me $1200.00 - each! I run tubes because I don't want the water to be in contact with the steel wheels to cause rust. Had to replace a wheel last year and don't want to have to do that very often.

True Grit Farms":1g2r929u said:
jedstivers":1g2r929u said:
Nesikep":1g2r929u said:

Goodyear - Titan donated over $42,000. dollars to the Georgia young farmers association yesterday. They have an auction every year at the Sun Belt ag expo and donate all the money that's raised to the young farmers program.
Doesn't matter to me what they did. They have cost me way to muckph money to care about using them.

I just finally got a price yesterday. 20.8x38 Firesones, Michelin tubes, 240 gallons fluid, estimated high at 3 hour shop rate at $75, $120 to take old tires, $75 service call. Came to about $2800.

Sharp looking tractor, I would love to get mine painted but that will have to wait. I was having it slip out of reverse and had that fixed then a month later the TA went out and figured since it was split that I might as well replace the clutch. Between those repairs and rebuilding front end, fixing AC, putting an air ride seat in, new blower motor, new radio, and now tires; I will have way more into that thing than it is worth. Now I have to keep it for another 5 years just to justify the repairs and upgrades.

ChrisB":1jiv4ihf said:
I just finally got a price yesterday. 20.8x38 Firesones, Michelin tubes, 240 gallons fluid, estimated high at 3 hour shop rate at $75, $120 to take old tires, $75 service call. Came to about $2800.

Sharp looking tractor, I would love to get mine painted but that will have to wait. I was having it slip out of reverse and had that fixed then a month later the TA went out and figured since it was split that I might as well replace the clutch. Between those repairs and rebuilding front end, fixing AC, putting an air ride seat in, new blower motor, new radio, and now tires; I will have way more into that thing than it is worth. Now I have to keep it for another 5 years just to justify the repairs and upgrades.

I've done enough to this one too. If you do paint spend the extra and don't buy rural king paint, splurge on ppg wish I did. I put a Clutch this fall, front end cab kit had an old radio laying around. I've had to put 2 compressors on. Oh and pto seals, new oil pan and I tinted the Windows. I'm sure there's more but can't remember

talltimber":3fpeb7it said:
jedstivers":3fpeb7it said:
Go tubeless.
I never use a tube till I have a tire damaged to where that's the only choice. I hate tubes.

x2

You run fluid in them with no tube? Mine already had the calcium in them and the rims were in good shape so I just went back the way it was

Yes, I have heard, as long as you keep it above the rim then it won't corrode the rim as badly, if at all. I think they put some kind of glycol in mine instead, smells like it, but then again I don't know if I've ever smelled CC. These were done years ago

cfpinz":15235b7o said:
Previous owner put a set of Titans on the front and rear of my 7710 just before I bought it, they're not much. They'll break traction sooner than they should and have very little meat in the sidewalls.

2X POS
Separation on 6 ply fronts and mucho cracks on rears

ChrisB":2aet6m9f said:

Chris, what kind of seat did you use? My 1456 needs a new or rebuilt seat, I haven't decided which way to go.

I can get that tire in a Tacoma brand for 735.00 . . . . . . . not Firestone, but I've used em and they're pretty good tires.

Gateboy":3us53mo3 said:
ChrisB":3us53mo3 said:

Chris, what kind of seat did you use? My 1456 needs a new or rebuilt seat, I haven't decided which way to go.

It was from Shoup, not sure of part number. It cost about $1000 but has really made a much nicer tractor. I used to have a sore back after a few hours of bouncing around in the stock seat, but can go all day now and be just fine.

Ol' 243":3jhj65na said:
I can get that tire in a Tacoma brand for 735.00 . . . . . . . not Firestone, but I've used em and they're pretty good tires.

I've never heard of Tacoma's, but I would have taken a chance for that price. They gave me a price on BKT and they were $918 just for the tire, and Firestones were $938 so I went that route.

Latest posts