Tractor Swimming. Need help

Help Support CattleToday:

Ok. old post but new material. Got it running, middle summer. got another problem now. Diesel in oil. Thoughts ? Smokes too. So is diesel running past rings into oil resevoir ? injector bad ? spitting too much fuel ? Hose hooked up wrong coming off diesel tank ? Can I change oil and limp into spring? Cant afford down time right now in the middle of hay toting....

CowpokeJ":259qiznr said:
Ok. old post but new material. Got it running, middle summer. got another problem now. Diesel in oil. Thoughts ? Smokes too. So is diesel running past rings into oil resevoir ? injector bad ? spitting too much fuel ? Hose hooked up wrong coming off diesel tank ? Can I change oil and limp into spring? Cant afford down time right now in the middle of hay toting....
yes you can change the oil an try to limp into spring with it.but know that it may go down on you completely before then.sounds like your in for a complete overhaul.

Thinking about diesel in the oil

Fuel pump diaphragm may be leaking .
Hows the engine oil pressure ?

Got it running, middle summer. got another problem now. Diesel in oil. Thoughts ? Smokes too. So is diesel running past rings into oil resevoir ? Maybe a little but unlikely unless in damaged cylinder
injector bad ? All part of a sealed system
spitting too much fuel ? Didn't know they spit
Hose hooked up wrong coming off diesel tank ? Not likely if its got solid hoses
Can I change oil and limp into spring? If you changed the oil after dunking then diesel has come in since -diesel is an oil anyhow but too much will thin the oil down to a dangerous level and maybe strip the big end bearings on an old motor
Cant afford down time right now in the middle of hay toting....

Also you have not said how far it got in.
If the "wrist pin" (Gudgeon) was broken then it's had a big hydraulic shunt - the main rod would likely be bent or twisted anyhow and the bearing punched flat , crankshaft likely damaged too and its bearings flattened----hows the oil pressure

Latest posts