tractor purchase?

Help Support CattleToday:

crats

Reaction score
we are thinking of a tractor purchase in a week or so and want to find out the values and operating cost of few different ones. we are between a new holland 8360 and jd 3255, 2950,2955. have used some johnny's and they seem to like fuel and want some oppions on the blue one and any thought of resale and the like conserning these choices we want 100h.p. or close cat. 2 lift good fuel and reliablity. what are your thoughts? thanks cliff and jan

8360 looks to be around 115 hp not sure if thats drawbar, engine, or pto however.

oh we've got tractor data as a favorite on a tool bar and have checked them out but the johnnys all have the same engine the 3255 is turboed and the 29's are natural just figured the torque of the 6 in these would help over the fours in a 6410 or 6420 and each should pull the old 530 and our 5212 diskbine are we overestimated them.

the 8360 is 115 pto hp
I also think for what you are using them for any or all of them should be satisfactory just make up your mind which you like the best and which is most afforable
The NH should do a little better on fuel consumption over the 3255 and the NH is a newer tractor

the 2950 and 2955 are bacsically the same tractor the 55 is just a newer version

also the 2955s did have turbos or the 2 that I have owned did

I'm partial to the green ones. Mine have been pretty much trouble free, and we have an outstanding dealer only a few miles away from the farm.

I wouldn't buy a blue one because I don't like the service at the dealership.

thanks for the advise we have both dealers close and have used the jd house for parts and i like the fact that i can find the parts online before i go there i know if they are in stock or if i have to order them. A.C. so where are the 2950's now and what replaced them? we are going to look at these wendsday and bid on them thursday i guess. i kinda want the blue one but like the green ones too. we'll see what happens. are the german tractors as good as the u.s. ones? we know that the blue on is a fiat? we had a freind who had a 3050 and he was happy with it except for the a.c. which gave him fits and the local jd store never had parts for it

crats":3cuo77ou said:
oh we've got tractor data as a favorite on a tool bar and have checked them out but the johnnys all have the same engine the 3255 is turboed and the 29's are natural just figured the torque of the 6 in these would help over the fours in a 6410 or 6420 and each should pull the old 530 and our 5212 diskbine are we overestimated them.
We had a 2350, 2550, and a 2940. They are all quite similar to the three deeres you are looking at just less HP. We have since upgraded to 6400's and a 6420 and I would never go back to the older tractors. They are a bit higher priced but well worth the extra money in my opinion. Don't let the 4 cylinder underwhelm you. The HP on these newer tractors is different from the rated HP on the older tractors. Newer tractors have a better torque curve so they will lug a lot better than the older tractors. The 50 and 55 series tractors were nice back in the day but don't compare to the newer tractors.

crats":1x6gbl6f said:
thanks for the advise we have both dealers close and have used the jd house for parts and i like the fact that i can find the parts online before i go there i know if they are in stock or if i have to order them. A.C. so where are the 2950's now and what replaced them?
I replaced every green tractor I had with blue about 4-5 yrs ago and I doubt I ever own a JD again
I run TS 110 NH's and T6030 NH's as for the 64 series JD I have owned 2 and would never own another I also had 74 series JD's and they were alot better than the 64's but I still prefer the NH over the JD
we are going to look at these wendsday and bid on them thursday i guess. i kinda want the blue one but like the green ones too. we'll see what happens. are the german tractors as good as the u.s. ones? we know that the blue on is a fiat? we had a freind who had a 3050 and he was happy with it except for the a.c. which gave him fits and the local jd store never had parts for it
THE ONLY JD you can get that is made in the US is an 8000 series or larger so just because it is green doesn't mean it was made in the U.S.

thank for the imput and i don't want to start a blue / green battle just wanted to know a few good and not so good points of the offerings at the auction oh a.c. i got me a angus bull a few month's ago he's a good looking young man and we also got a young limo so we got to see who gives us the best one's

crats":3i4c8nxu said:
thank for the imput and i don't want to start a blue / green battle just wanted to know a few good and not so good points of the offerings at the auction oh a.c. i got me a angus bull a few month's ago he's a good looking young man and we also got a young limo so we got to see who gives us the best one's
Not a battle just my opinion and I have used lots of them and we put several hrs per yr on them

What type of cows are you breeding those bulls to?

junk!! they're just some old cows we got when we bought the farm we are trying to "clean 'em up" a little with some black polled stock. i guess they'er limo crosses and some milk blood too on a few and we added some angus heiffers and kept some of the limo's but it takes us some time to get where we want to git how far from bull shoals?

Latest posts