Tractor Maintenance

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I bought my first tarctor this year, a 1969 MF 175 Diesel, and have a few questions. First, Can I use the same fluids that I use for my car in the tractor? ie 10w 30 oil, power steering fluid, coolant etc. Second, Can anyone suggest somee things that I need to check or maintain to keep it running good?

Thanks.

Shataken":1bmncu1s said:
I bought my first tarctor this year, a 1969 MF 175 Diesel, and have a few questions. First, Can I use the same fluids that I use for my car in the tractor? ie 10w 30 oil, power steering fluid, coolant etc. Second, Can anyone suggest somee things that I need to check or maintain to keep it running good?

Thanks.

Very good old tractor, First I would use rotella t motor oil. Coolant yes as far as power steering fluid both my Masseys a 135 and 565 use tractor trans hydrualic fluid for power steering. There are lots of service manuals available on line you can buy cheap. Now I change oil and filters every 100 hrs. My 565 got out the hospital yesterday after 24 years the clucth went out, need to write Massey and complain.

ollie":3txuz7dd said:
Campground do these have Perkins engines?

Yes the 135 is a 3 cyl 47 hp 69 model the 565 is 60 hp 4 cyl 80 model. I love the engines so much that why I looked at the Kioti 65 same engine as my massey.

I don't know where you live but I suggest you change your fuel filter's in the fall. If there is water in the system the fuel pump could freeze. I did that several years ago and the repair was $499 just because I didn't change my fuel filter in the fall. Six or eight dollar filter or $500 repair. I am in Northeast Mississippi. You can get manuals on the internet. There will be three. Owner/Operater, Shop/Repair and Parts. For maybe just a few dollars more you can get these from you Massey dealer and I like them better and they are better, clearer copies. I T manuals are ok in you have good mechinical skills. I don't.