tractor hydraulics

Help Support CattleToday:

lawdawg1

Reaction score
Hi i'm new here. I am trying to get started and bought a Kubota MX5000SU. Great tractor only has no hudraulic remotes. Talked to local dealer and they want $1500+ for them. Too much right now is there a way I could go to tractor supply and do my own setup. Thanks for any help

You could but it weould cost you more then getting the deal from the dealer.

The salvage is he best if you are not going to buy from dealer. I set up one from northern hydrlics the quality of valves are not good enough. I have had problems since installed. It is a different problem every time. Busted the valve body once, plunger broke plus other problems.

Tractor supply is okay if you know exactly what you need, but you don't want to be trusting there sale people to tell you what you need to complete a hydraulic system. Hydraulics are not hard to do to install by yourself, the problem is there's a number of ways to accomplish what your trying to do. I suggest you visit your local "professional" hydraulic shop and let him advise/guide you as how to make up the system you want. I have always found the advise to be free. The hydraulic components will only costs a little bit more then Tractor Supply and the quality will almost always be better. I suspect you can put the system together for less then half of dealer cost.
I'm not knocking Tractor Supply, I'm just saying you usually get what you pay for.

The price from the dealer is reasonable considering the cost of the valves and the dealer should make sure that the mounting of valve and hoses will all be correct and out of the way. TSC components are junk, the cheap Pioneer products they sell are alot more expensive then what I already buy and always end up leaking.

Latest posts