TRACTOR HYDRAULIC PROBLEM

Help Support CattleToday:

tja477t

Reaction score
ok heres the deal. i was spreading gravel with my MF 4610 tractor. everything was working fine, went and picked something all the way up as high as the loader would go. now the up and down only work about 1/3 as fast. the bucket tilt and the 3 point hitch work fine. any ideas what it might be. fluid level is fine

Like dun said, a leaking by lift cylinder piston.
I know for awhile several years ago, , Kubota had a problem with the whole piston coming loose from the rod on some fel models if you dead headed the cylinders all the way up. It just stripped the treads off the piston retaining nut. The fel would still go up, but slowly and less lift capacity.

Did a hose get kinked or bent?

If it the loader is holding up and not leaking down I doubt it's a problem with the cylinders.

I checked as good as I could tonight and couldn't see any kinked hoses. gonna check the lift cylinders tomorrow in the daylight. plus its supposed to warm up to a balmy 1 degree tomorrow.

I think the problem might be in your valves. My loader seems to have the valve stuck a bit when I start up and it only goes up slowly I find if I put it down and lift the front of the tractor with the loader and then lift it it comes right.

Ken

I picked the front of the tractor up with the loader and it made it go quite a bit faster but not as fast as should. id say I have a valve problem, as I cant find a leak or any kinked hoses. any idea where I should start on fixing the problem would it be a distribution box problem or something else. it still lifts a lot of weight but runs about a third or less as fast as it should

been a while since I got to mess with the hydraulics since the turbo stopped working. I thought it was the cold weather and thankfully I was right finally warmed up into the 20's. I changed the oil to 10-30d and the turbo started working. hoping it was the oil and not the warmer weather. the temp has been ranging from 5f to -25f for about 2 weeks

Check the filter for the hydraulics. I had that Issue with an International and it turned out the filter relief valve was stuck

well the problem finally found itself i guess you'd say. it was in the joystick all this time. today the joystick went all loose and nothing worked. took a look at it and there was a bolt that fell out. got the bolt back in and everything works great now. I forgot how fast the hydraulics are. I never thought to even look at the joystick as it seemed like it was fine.

I ain't never that lucky. When I need something fixed, it always the same "I ain't never seen that before, took me forever to figure it out. I'm sorry that it took 9 hours of labor". Glad it worked out for you.

Latest posts