Tractor coolant leak?

Help Support CattleToday:

chaded

Reaction score
I have a 2018 JD 5075e. Yesterday I was going down the driveway and got out for something and noticed something was leaking a little bit on the side of the tractor. It ended up being coolant. I could see multiple spots under the hood and in various locations. I'm assuming the fan blade was spraying it everywhere.

There was still fluid in the reservoir and the leak wasn't coming from any obvious location. I kept an eye on it but I finished what I was doing with it and put it up. This morning the reservoir was empty but there is no sign of where it went. The tractor has the old dry spots from yesterday but nothing new.

I put more coolant in and ran the tractor and it's not leaking and seems perfectly normal? I am not real mechanical so I thought I would see what you guys may think before I have my dealer look at it.

I have a 2018 JD 5075e. Yesterday I was going down the driveway and got out for something and noticed something was leaking a little bit on the side of the tractor. It ended up being coolant. I could see multiple spots under the hood and in various locations. I'm assuming the fan blade was spraying it everywhere.

There was still fluid in the reservoir and the leak wasn't coming from any obvious location. I kept an eye on it but I finished what I was doing with it and put it up. This morning the reservoir was empty but there is no sign of where it went. The tractor has the old dry spots from yesterday but nothing new.

I put more coolant in and ran the tractor and it's not leaking and seems perfectly normal? I am not real mechanical so I thought I would see what you guys may think before I have my dealer look at it.
Every e series I've had (3) has had issues with leaks at the factory hose clamps. Usually very slight. Just a damp spot.and smell of antifreeze. Some you can tighten but seems best to replace.
My 5100 was doing it the first week. Jd sent a tech out. He told me "yeah they all do that"...

I know a water pump can do that to...I've seen them leak when cold then quit..or stop when they get hot..seals..not saying this is it but worth keeping an eye on..had one go out with only 400 hrs on it..

Clean it, fill it, and pressure test. You can use compressed air through the overflow, just turn the regulator way down to 12 psi or so.

I ran it for a little while and I checked it when I got back and it was leaking again. I found a good bit under one big hose and thought surely that was it. I tightened up the clamp a little bit and when I looked at where the hose came from I said "idiot, that comes from the air filter…."

So, I started tracing hoses and climbed up under the hood some and saw the radiator cap and there was fluid all around it. I turned it and it was definitely at least a quarter turn or more loose. This would make sense because its right above the fan so it would drip it the fan and it would spray everywhere.

I'm going to check it again tomorrow and see how it goes.

Hopefully last update. I cleaned everything up and ran it again for a little while and no leaking anymore. I guess I will just keep an eye on it.