Tractor clutch

Help Support CattleToday:

kopac94

Reaction score
We are in the process of replacing a clutch on a ford 6600 tractor. We are having problems. We put it together and it will not allow the gears to shift. Everything matches the old clutch except there are springs in the disc to relieve some of the jumpyness. Does anyone have any suggestions or is there a tractor forum website that I could be referred to?

kopac94":37ixxz66 said:
We are in the process of replacing a clutch on a ford 6600 tractor. We are having problems. We put it together and it will not allow the gears to shift. Everything matches the old clutch except there are springs in the disc to relieve some of the jumpyness. Does anyone have any suggestions or is there a tractor forum website that I could be referred to?

http://talk.agriculture.com/

Look at the equipment forums

dun

Did you replace the throw-out bearing when you replaced the clutch? Sometimes they slide on the shaft and cause a problem

Another idea just occured to me. I don't know if it has a hydraulic clutch mechanism ot maechanical, but if mechanical, have you removed all of the clutch pedal adjustment that has been cranked in over the years? Usually adjusting the clutch pedal free play will solve the problem.

dun

Did you put it in correctly?
There is a front and a back on them (usually marked with a sticker)
If it is in backwards there is no amount of adjusting taht will allow it to disengage (DAMHIKT)

I had a mechanic out today. We put it together again, still didn't work. The directions from the new clutch said to leave the old shims out, that the shims were built into the new clutch. THe mechanic decided to try to put the old shims in anyway. It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Latest posts