Tractor AC

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Air conditioner crapped out and the tractor had overheated and also the operator. Remove hood condenser and transmission oil cooler. Sure enough the radiator was completely covered. Bought a new compressor and could not get any freon in it. Removed the grill over the cab filter to gain access to the expansion valve. Yep the fitting had corroded and could not remove. Took the head liner out you know the cardboard thing they mold for the headliner which over the years becomes soft. bird nest in there I think that the bird had to be a Houdini to to get in there. removed the blower fan because was going to have to remove the evaporator to remove the expansion valve form it. The blower side of the evaporator was completely covered with chaff and fine dust. No time to fix hooked the baler to one of the standby Fords to bale with open top with canopy. Time to quit and live life as it was meant to be. A new day will show up and my attitude will change. I told the wife to check with the nursing home to see if they had a double room for us. LOL

highgrit":h2aq6tvu said:
Without AC a tractor with a cab is useless in the summer.
Not if you can take out the windows. Much rather be sitting under a little shade of a canopy than under the open sun scorching sky.

the AC quit on our old cab tractor years ago.so we would open the doors and windows.there comes a time when the AC isnt worth repairing.