Toyota t100

Help Support CattleToday:

papavillars

Reaction score
I just bought a 1996 toyota t 100. Just gonna use it as a drive to town and feed out of it. Any of you guys ever have one. Looking to see what common problems might arise.

Good little truck. They are kinda awkward not a small truck and not a full size. I bought on e for my oldest sons first truck, no major issues and he drove the carp out of it for a couple of years till he could afford a real truck. A Dodge of course.

Bought one in 1997 new. Gave it to my son 4 years ago. It had over 300,000 miles on it when he totaled it in May.

The ONLY downside to that truck was that it didn't have a limited slip differential. It was squirrellier than heck on ice. I eventually got to where I ran some real aggressive all seasons on it and carried 4 big sandbags all winter and it was fine.

M5farm":2yfup2bi said:
Good little truck. They are kinda awkward not a small truck and not a full size. I bought on e for my oldest sons first truck, no major issues and he drove the carp out of it for a couple of years till he could afford a real truck. A FORD of course.

I helped clean up M5's error :mrgreen:

Well I drove it to the bank today to cash several thousand dollars worth of checks from some customers. Closed the door when I went in to the bank , came out and the exterior door handle broke. I had to crawl thru the sliding back glass to get in it. The slave cylinder on the clutch is not right, I have to triple clutch to get it in first from a stop. But it blows cold and starts right up. Ordered new handles from the net. Think I am going to change the timing belt this weekend. Thanks for the replies. Seems there are several t100 clubs in the metroplex. Seems people can find the oddest things to like.

papavillars":2nmvxz1d said:
Well I drove it to the bank today to cash several thousand dollars worth of checks from some customers. Closed the door when I went in to the bank , came out and the exterior door handle broke. I had to crawl thru the sliding back glass to get in it. The slave cylinder on the clutch is not right, I have to triple clutch to get it in first from a stop. But it blows cold and starts right up. Ordered new handles from the net. Think I am going to change the timing belt this weekend. Thanks for the replies. Seems there are several t100 clubs in the metroplex. Seems people can find the oddest things to like.

Forgot to tell you the door handles suck........who cares. Great trucks!

3waycross":21a65f6x said:
papavillars":21a65f6x said:

Forgot to tell you the door handles suck........who cares. Great trucks!
Things on all vehicles suck just some more than others. :lol2:

He a little story about the T100 my son had. When he was in high school he hauled scrap metal for people to make extra money and on one of his weekly trips to the scrap yard he was headed home with a 16' trailer. he topped a hill and a truck pulled out in front of him and he was clear to pass so he pulled into the southbound lane and was going around the idiot. the idiot waited until the truck cleared and turned left hitting the trailer and causing the truck to come to rest on its side in the ditch. My son was not hurt and the idiots in the other truck all fell out on the ground and claimed every injury imaginable. the only damage to their vehicle was the left front tire ripped off and some sheet metal damage. I got to the scene and we call a tow truck to get our vehicle. It only had liability so we were going to fix it ourselves. the back bed was destroyed but everything else was fine. we could not find a used replacement bed so he drove it like it was for a while. I sold it to another person and he drove it for about 3 years with the beat up bed on it. they are tough trucks even when you drive the CRAP (carp) out of them.
The idiots sued me and the Insurance paid them and canceled my policy after the paid.

Finally fixed both door handles. No more crawling in the back window. Now to replace the timing belt.

papavillars":3pn13m4s said:
Finally fixed both door handles. No more crawling in the back window. Now to replace the timing belt.

Good idea. I actually broke one and didn't shell the engine.......wouldn't want to press my luck like that again.

I had one I got with a bad transfer case for $500. Good farm trucks for running around, feeding, etc... Stuck in a used case, some new shocks, and 285/75-16 tires and wheels and drove it for a long time.

Latest posts