Toyota and Caterpillar

Help Support CattleToday:

thebabybrahma

Reaction score
Are Toyota and Caterpillar teaming up for a diesel in the 3/4 and 1 ton truck market? I have been hearing lots about this, wondering if anybody else is hearing this.

About 2 months ago I asked the Vice President of the local Toyota dealership about a 3/4 ton diesel. he said they were 4 - 5 years out from offering the truck.

I'd rather see John Deere put a diesel in a truck.

They are less problems than the Cats.

Man, can you think of the marketing potential for a truck maker to do a John Deere Diesel edition. I think it owuld blow the King ranch and HD editions out of the water.

3MR":245a0909 said:
Man, can you think of the marketing potential for a truck maker to do a John Deere Diesel edition. I think it owuld blow the King ranch and HD editions out of the water.

Big boat owners fight over those John Deere Marine engines too.

MikeC":1ebbas1n said:
3MR":1ebbas1n said:

Wonder if it would be big enough to power my 14 foot canoe up the Warrior River?

J. T.":3rgxlhkt said:
MikeC":3rgxlhkt said:
3MR":3rgxlhkt said:

Wonder if it would be big enough to power my 14 foot canoe up the Warrior River?

Oh heck yea. John Deere makes engines from 20 to 500 HP. :lol:

MikeC":2k9sufay said:
I'd rather see John Deere put a diesel in a truck. They are less problems than the Cats.

Mike, are you talking about the John Deere engines under 100 HP made overseas by Yanmar or the over the 100 HP engines made by John Deere here in the USA? :) :)

All John Deere's are not the same.

Nowland Farms":1oaq8pfg said:
MikeC":1oaq8pfg said:
I'd rather see John Deere put a diesel in a truck. They are less problems than the Cats.

Mike, are you talking about the John Deere engines under 100 HP made overseas by Yanmar or the over the 100 HP engines made by John Deere here in the USA? :) :)

All John Deere's are not the same.

Yanmar engines are not John Deere engines.

I'm talking about John Deere built engines. ;-)

The ones called "John Deere Powertech"!

The whole Catepillar thing is an Internet myth. I just got done reading some Toy press releases that specifically state they aren't even sure if they will proceed with a heavy duty truck, and if they do, they'll be looking to Hino (one of their subsidiaries or partners, I'm not sure which) to produce the engine. They are however taking a hard look at a diesel 1/2 ton, using Hino power.

Rod