Toyo Tires

Help Support CattleToday:

Toyo makes a good tire but it's a little soft in the sidewall for me. If you towe you can feel it. Plus, I dont think they are as puncture resistant as others. With that said, they maybe ride a little smoother.

I prefer Nitto. It's a stiffer tire which feels a little more stable and they are extremely durable.

Those two are #1 and #2 IMO just depending on what is more important to you.

Anybody running Toyo all terrains or mud terrains on your 3/4 or 1 ton trucks how do you like them?
I ran Toyos on my F250. Didn't care for them. Didn't last too long and I didn't find them to be all that great in our NE Texas mud.

I got 65,000 miles on my last set of Toyo tires on my F-250 so I bought a second set a couple of years ago. I'll admit I don't work my truck as hard as most on here do so I might not be the best reference. I've been happy with them.

Toyo makes a good tire but it's a little soft in the sidewall for me. If you towe you can feel it. Plus, I dont think they are as puncture resistant as others. With that said, they maybe ride a little smoother.

I prefer Nitto. It's a stiffer tire which feels a little more stable and they are extremely durable.

Those two are #1 and #2 IMO just depending on what is more important to you.
Brute
What kind of miles are you getting out of the Nitto's?

Brute
What kind of miles are you getting out of the Nitto's?
I have them coming back in at about 50,000 miles and being replaced. Still have some life left but they are being used hard pulling loaded trailers in the oilfield.

Same here. I can get 50k miles but I rotate them and keep up with other maintenance on my truck also. I dont run tire way low on tread either because of the places I drive with loads and stuff.

When I buy a tire it's going to go thru everything from rocks, to sand, black mud, dozed brush, pulling trailers, and freeways in down town Houston. They catch hell. I go rain, sleet, snow or shine also.

I've always been very happy with how well the Nittos do all around, especially on wet roads when its raining. Poor wet weather handling is a deal breaker for me because when I'm traveling and hit a storm I dont want to shut down unless I have to.

I run Nitto Trail Grappler.

I got 65,000 miles on my last set of Toyo tires on my F-250 so I bought a second set a couple of years ago. I'll admit I don't work my truck as hard as most on here do so I might not be the best reference. I've been happy with them.
I had a set on my Hummer - that only had 72K miles when I finally traded it in. You're a better reference than me!

Most everyone runs Toyo tires here. Teh gravel roads eat anything else up. I never heard of Nittos. It must be a tire sold regionally.

There are always regional differences. Here all the F250 Platiums, lifted with a cali lean, with 37s on 22s and lights under the fenders run Toyos. It's like the "look at me I'm offroad" badge for all those guys.😄

The farmers, ranchers, fence builders, oilfield trucks, etc run Nittos.

The old school BFG mud-terrrain use to be kind by far until they went to that goofy design now.

Thanks for the replies, it must be regional because I can't remember ever seeing a Nitto in a tire store here.

I think the choice of a tire brand is directly related to budget and personal preference. Now there are a lot of adequate manufacturers in the automotive market.

Latest posts