Tough Choice Tonight

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Got a call tonight at work from our vet.

This morning I saw my horse down in the pasture he just didn't look right. Hubby went to check on him I had to go to work. Hubby said he was fine, but watched him and realized something was wrong. Vet came out and my horse was trying to lay down.
Nothing could be done.

Found out he had gotten something in his his lung that caused a massive infection that spread into his aorta. It had spread to the point it cut off the blood flow and coused his liver, kidneys and guts to fail. What ever had gotten into his lungs had gotten in there a couple months ago. He never showed any sign of illness until today.
They buried him next to my first horse. Vet cut off a lock of his tail hair for me.

632009161.jpg

Very sorry for your loss...

As someone who also has horses, I know what you are going through and it is never easy!

Brian

Thank you everyone.

I was just planning the rides we were going to go on this summer a few days ago.
The picture of him with my son on him, that was just the 3rd time someone had been on his back, ever.
He was such a sensitive horse he would do anything you wanted.
When I took him to a trainer I had used before he was going to be the last horse for this guy until after his back surgury. Trainer had a couple of ruptured discs.
Well he was riding Handy around the area and I could tell how much it was hurting the guy and all of a sudden Handy totally changed his gait and smoothed out
and I could tell it no longer hurt the guy as much to ride. Trainer kept asking where I find these horses.

I am so sorry for your loss....a good horse and a good dog ....losing either is tough on this old man any more.

so I share your pain and your loss....but as someone told me after I lost my old dog Rose.....if they lived longer you would not be able to have known so many good ones. This is true and I cherish the memory of every one I have loved and lost... and they are numerous....my new Aussie Apache appeared as if by magic a week after we lost Rose. I think she knew what I needed and sent him to take care of us.

Latest posts