tough aussies

Help Support CattleToday:

S&S Farms

Reaction score
My parents called me yesterday from the desert of Austrailia. They were on a ranch or maybe a station that runs 5000 polled herefords. The stocking rate just about blew me away 1 pair for 90 acres. It just dawned on me that that might be hectares instead dont know for sure. I do know one thing your bulls would have to great feet under them to just track down the cows.

What kind of ratio do you have for bull to cow ratio in a situation like that. They feed no extra and survive on the land. My mom said that did not include much grass just brush and trees. I was wondering would that all be fenced off too.

Jeff

What kind of ratio do you have for bull to cow ratio in a situation like that.

3 bulls /100cows.

What is interesting the bulls will make low grunting noises to make his position known and the cows in season will go and look for the bull in situations like that.

KNERSIE":2nwqap58 said:

3 bulls /100cows.

What is interesting the bulls will make low grunting noises to make his position known and the cows in season will go and look for the bull in situations like that.
that's funny when i make grunting noises the female's run the other way :( ;-)

ALACOWMAN":1d2fjhpx said:
KNERSIE":1d2fjhpx said:

3 bulls /100cows.

that's funny when i make grunting noises the female's run the other way :( ;-)

Maybe you're not much of a studsire then?

In the desert it was 300 acres per pair. We ran one bull for about every 10-12 cows.

Latest posts