Tornado

Help Support CattleToday:

MO_cows

Reaction score
Yesterday a tornado tore up our little town. We live a few miles outside city limits, we clearly saw the wall cloud with rotation but didn't realize there was a tornado touchdown happening. Couldn't see the funnel from our perspective. This happened to be my birthday, so I wonder if it's like the lump of coal at Christmas and I have been bad????

80% of the buildings are damaged, some destroyed, but no loss of life or injuries. My in-laws don't have a basement, rode it out in their bathroom. Both of our family member's homes who live in town will need new roofs, had trees down, etc.

Here is storm chaser video taken from the north side, we were on the south side of it. At 1:04, the roofs that go are from the school. At the left of the shot you can see big grain bins, one of those went down and was blocking the road.

It is amazing to see how a small community comes together to help each other. Volunteer fire dept. going around checking for victims when their own homes were torn up. Everyone with a chain saw was using it within hours, getting the roads clear so the power crews could get through. Red Cross and church groups handing out sandwiches and drinks, all kinds of good deeds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqXYye2kpk0

So grateful that no one was harmed! I don't think that you "got the lump of coal" on your birthday! I think that you were blessed to have your friends and family safe! :D

So sorry to read about the tornado. Thankful that no lives were lost. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Finally got some pics loaded out of the camera. Some of you might remember awhile back I posted pictures of a foreclosure bought on the cheap and fixed up? Well it's gonna need a new roof and probably siding.

But we came out better than the next door neighbors.

In-laws rode out the tornado in this house with no basement. It was a "pee your pants" moment according to sister in law. We carry the insurance on this one and I am starting to worry about the casual response we have gotten from our claim.

This boat and at least 2 campers ended up perfectly upside down. Kinda weird they didn't just fall over but did a perfect 180.

Most of the streets in town still look like this. Debris barely off the road, power crews, scrappers, volunteers and insurance adjusters everywhere. American Family set up an RV right on the main drag within 48 hours.

Grand-daddy of a tree blew down. Wonder how old it was? It would have crushed the house, very lucky it fell where it did.

Latest posts