Tornado up North

Help Support CattleToday:

angie":3az4aalz said:
perda04":3az4aalz said:
[I remember the movie. The cut over from b/w to color and made big news. Also if you turn off the sound of the movie and start "Pink Floyd - Dark side of the Moon" when the lion roars at the start, it stays in sync with the movie.
I had heard that but didn;t know if it was true or not.
Whats up with the guy hanging himself in the forest??
Anybody know?

I missed the guy in the forest.

Oz - Pink Floyd set up

mnmtranching":mogjy91a said:
9:AM today. I'm at the computer watching a storm cell develope on radar, going back and forth from the cattle boards. I'm thinking "this one is going to hit us, get the hard rain we haven't seen for a couple years"
9:15 power goes off. Might as well head to the ranch. About a mile out, driving East, I get a call. BL on the phone. She asks "where are you?" I'm going East on 34 a mile or so from home. BL says, A tornado has touched down 3 1/2 miles SE of town and going to the NE. Thats me :!: I'm directly in the path:eek: So what do I do :? I pull over and check thinks out. It's starting to rain hard, I mean REAL hard. I hear this roar to the North, to dark and hard a rain to see much so I drive to the South and away.
Checked it out when things settled down. Lots of damage. The tornado's mostly hit wooded areas, flattening things down pretty good. Some houses totally destroyed. Tornadoes seemed to drop to the ground for a couple hundred yards, then little damage for a half mile or so, then strike again. I've heard that as many as 14 tornadoes.
This is not exactly tornado ally. We have straight line winds, blizzards :roll: OH yeah :!: But I'm purty sure these are the first for real tornadoes documented in this county.
Our house got jumped over, not even a branch fell. Less then 1/4 mile away the woods is torn up. We got 3 inches of hard rain at the ranch.

Glad you and your's are OK. Been near a couple of tornados myself down through the years. They're not much fun.

ga. prime":3swufg87 said:
You talking about the Tin Man Angie?
No!! When Dorothy first goes into the forest, if you watch in the background, a man climbs a tree, jumps off a branch and hangs himself. I have watched that part over and over, I don't get it. I had never seen it, but had heard that it was in there, and thought someone had made it up, but it is so ~ it is just in the background and happens fast, but it is there. It is wierd, and totally unrelated to the movie.

What a wild weekend. More storms last night and another tornado (unconfirmed by weather service) touched down 10 miles southwest of me. Brother has been without power since Friday afternoon. Another nasty storm this afternoon, with hail. Trees are down everywhere. Enough already!! :x

MNMT, where did it touch down? I had heard somewhere close to Bemidji, but I thought you lived further west than that. Good to hear you are ok. Saw some pictures on the TV, I think it was chicken barns, that were demolished.

We were blessed with 9cm of rain in less than 12 hours yesterday :roll: ,those of you that need rain let me know and I will send it to you. :help:
The forecast is calling for rain until Friday, not only that but very cold nights...and still tornadoes :???: , we had bad hail yesterday ,thankfully not too much damage. I was caught on the quad checking cows and they took off running for the home quarter ,right away I knew there was some serious weather coming. Made it back with only a minor headache.. :p

Aaron, those pics on TV. Turkey barns. and the other pics. Pickeral Lake, Emmaville. That is right in our neighborhood. Touched down 1/4 mile from our house. No damage here. Strange how those storms are.

mnmtranching,

I am glad you and your family were ok. That was a close one.

Thanks Stepper. We are very happy to have all the rain that has at has been falling due to the unstable weather. And now with the warmer temps things are looking good. Cattle don't know how to handle all the grass. :D

Latest posts