Topic Locked: Virginia Tech

Help Support CattleToday:

[/quote]

Too bad. The gun control freaks have already started.

Keith Olbermann and Chris Mathews, among others, have blamed the Bush Admin. for allowing the Assault Weapons ban to expire, therefore allowing this tragedy to happen. :roll: :roll:[/quote]

To bad the media does not talk about how these famous school shootings all happened in Gun Free zones. I doubt you would see 32 dead at the U.S Military academy at West Point, or the Naval Academy. Not many massacres happen at police stations or a NRA convention.

There is a reason these sickos pick schools, and day cares and the Amish to pick on. No guns to fight back. They can walk around shooting innocent unarmed kids.[/quote]

and, it's too bad that people cannot give families a decent amount of time to grieve before they turn this tragedy into a political agenda, aplusmnt!

I doubt you would see 32 dead at the U.S Military academy at West Point, or the Naval Academy. Not many massacres happen at police stations or a NRA convention.

it only takes one nutcase, a lot of strategic planning, and the element of surprise.

You sound as tho you are almost daring someone to try it!

Alice[/quote]

alice we ALL know about your fued with A+ but you are totally out of line makeing these kinds of statments.

:mad:

Aplus, you better calm down because I just got a PM frome Alice so I would say she is very hard up for allies. Maybe she just clicked on the wrong person to send it to?

auctionboy":kkv4x9vg said:
Aplus, you better calm down because I just got a PM frome Alice so I would say she is very hard up for allies. Maybe she just clicked on the wrong person to send it to?

Obviously :shock: ...and who cares...

Alice

:lol:

Aplus, if you need an ally, you can count on me. I respect your right to express your opinion.

Alice, if you need an ally, you can count on me. I respect your right to express your opinion.

Got to say I don't always agree with either of you, but I sure enjoy the thought provoking discussions each of you contribute without holding grudges. We often find common ground.

I want to know what's on the other side of the coin (even tho I might not like it when I see it, I still want to know what's there)

Robert

backhoeboogie":29b0b9ff said:
:lol:

Aplus, if you need an ally, you can count on me. I respect your right to express your opinion.

Alice, if you need an ally, you can count on me. I respect your right to express your opinion.

Got to say I don't always agree with either of you, but I sure enjoy the thought provoking discussions each of you contribute without holding grudges. We often find common ground.

I want to know what's on the other side of the coin (even tho I might not like it when I see it, I still want to know what's there)

Robert

I know, Robert...and as I've said so many times before, you're alright! I respect you more than you know. :)

Alice

Limomike":35wd3050 said:
What really needs to be looked at is the kinds of drugs these guys that do the mass shootings are taking. Most all of them were on some type "anti_depressant" including this guy at V-Tech. They (the drugs like Prozac) are a danger to people who are not properly diagnosed for them. If someone is depressed... go climb a mountain, ride a bike, get moving.. natural body functions will cause that depression to go away.

Some times they can't. Their just kids. They don't know why others make fun of them.

We can stop it by doing a better job of protecting our kids from peer abuse. Peer abuse could be considered a hate crime if they were adults.

Everyone knows it happens and no one does anything about it.

This is a tragedy that happens ever day. It may be that just one has snapped this bad. What about all the others? What kinda damage do they cause over their life time because of our failure to act?

Wewild":y2f42ivq said:
Limomike":y2f42ivq said:
What really needs to be looked at is the kinds of drugs these guys that do the mass shootings are taking. Most all of them were on some type "anti_depressant" including this guy at V-Tech. They (the drugs like Prozac) are a danger to people who are not properly diagnosed for them. If someone is depressed... go climb a mountain, ride a bike, get moving.. natural body functions will cause that depression to go away.

Some times they can't. Their just kids. They don't know why others make fun of them.

We can stop it by doing a better job of protecting our kids from peer abuse. Peer abuse could be considered a hate crime if they were adults.

Everyone knows it happens and no one does anything about it.

This is a tragedy that happens ever day. It may be that just one has snapped this bad. What about all the others? What kinda damage do they cause over their life time?

Wewild, you are so right...

My daughter, when she sees any of her students being abusive like that, comes unglued all over the abusers. The problem is, parents seem not only to condone it, but to encourage it. It's sick...

This guy that did the shooting...I dunno...he may have been born bad, but he was also belittled thruout his life. You put both together, and it's explosive.

How is it stopped? Everyone has to get on the same page...and I'm afraid that's not gonna happen.

Alice

Okay Running Arrow Bill, you have the qualifications (and I am indeed impressed by the way) to give a professional analysis of this shooter. All the psychs on the tube say he was not crazy, he just went over the edge. So was this a yearning for control or what? Half the hogwash I am seeing on the tube has been sensationalized. What's your opinion of what really happened?