Topic For Paper

Help Support CattleToday:

LoveMoo11

Reaction score
I am going to be doing a paper soon for my Animal Diseases class and would like to hear any ideas on what disease would be an interesting one to write about and research. I am most interested in dairy cattle, but a cattle disease in general would be fine, and it has to be something that I can find info about in veterinary journals. I was thinking mastitis but its common and kinda boring :D thanks for the input.

Cattle diseases that are hot topics for dairy right now: BVD (and PI's), Johnes, and mycoplasma. Hemorrhagic bowel syndrome is interesting too (clostridial infection that has popped up in the last ten years). TB and brucellosis are old diseases that we have not yet iradicated in the US. Neospora and it's potential implications now that carcass disposal is becoming more difficult could be fun (more chance of infecting carnivore hosts).

I'm glad my paper writing days are over - now I can just blather on about things on forums like this. :lol2: Good luck.

redcowsrule33":ic3zyeia said:
Cattle diseases that are hot topics for dairy right now: BVD (and PI's), Johnes, and mycoplasma. Hemorrhagic bowel syndrome is interesting too (clostridial infection that has popped up in the last ten years). TB and brucellosis are old diseases that we have not yet iradicated in the US. Neospora and it's potential implications now that carcass disposal is becoming more difficult could be fun (more chance of infecting carnivore hosts).

I'm glad my paper writing days are over - now I can just blather on about things on forums like this. :lol2: Good luck.
had to do a paper on a disease as well i used johnes. turned out nice.

Latest posts