Top heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

regolith

Reaction score
Top score on classification that is, she was equal top for production with another two at the first herd test but the other two finished up 1 + 2 and 103 tested poorly on the remaining three herd tests.
She's also going to be a very late calver next year, so far from the most favoured two year old on the farm right now.

This is her mum at six years, coming up seven:
185.JPG

103:
103_three_quarter_view.JPG

103_rear_view_new_dry.JPG

103_side_view.JPG

I can't claim the credit for breeding her - the farmer who leased her dam in 2010 put her to a crossbred bull called Tirohanga Mystique, who was apparently useless because the AI company have dumped him as if he never existed.

Next season's two year olds:
heifers_2014.JPG

in_calf_heifers_2104.JPG

The heifers I like best this year are 109 and 100, numbered 3 + 4 for production and both are AyrshireJersey crosses.
103 would be favourite if her production had held up to her early promise.
Her half sister also by Mystique was top production 2 yr old but isn't as pretty.
Pre-calving photo of her from last spring:
105_precalving.JPG

77 is the daughter of that red cow whose rear end you can see by the trough in 105's photo.
I'm liking those Murmur daughters better by the day... that tiny black heifer in between the two Jerseys is also Murmur-sired, and displaying the main reason I didn't use that bull again.

I've got proper photos of 77, having technological problems with both camera and computer right now but I can get them up in a couple of days.

This is what the rest of 77 looks like:
771.JPG

Back to the two year olds, in order of 'like' I'd go 100, 109, 103, 89, then maybe 78... but you can't argue with production and two ugly two year olds are first and second for that.

100. I like this heifer better every time I look at her. She's out of my old 101, a Swissy-looking tall Jersey cow, sire is Ayrshire.
1001.JPG

109.jpg

121, the heifer that did the top production out of the two year olds, she's the one who's tied her tail in a knot
121_July.JPG

Another photo of 105, who was second top for production in her age group. The classifier gave her a very low udder score, good dairy conformation score.
105_March.JPG

more in-calf heifers:
451.JPG

Leora... been keeping an eye on this one since birth, will soon find out if she can live up to expectation
27_Leora.JPG

as a newborn nearly two years ago:
what_Leonie_and_Camboge_made.jpg

45 and 129
45_and_129_heifers_2014.JPG

I enjoy your pics more than any other. I myself come from a dairy background and still sadly remember the day my dad sold out. I notice you x a lot. Mostly all 100% Holsteins in my area. Still have a lot of family left n the business.

Latest posts