Top 10 reasons to send a cow to town

Help Support CattleToday:

Limomike

Reaction score
The Top 10 reasons to send a cow to town:

10. It's either sell her or get faster horses.

9. She transformed your new headgate into a head­and- shoulders gate.

8. After having the lightest-weaning calf in the herd for five years running, you're forced to face the fact that buying a replacement female on eBay may not have been your finest moment

7. You've been more than patient but she hasn't had a calf since the elder Bush was president.

6. You're sick and tired of the vet pointing out year after year that she has no teeth, no tail, and one semi­functional quarter.

5. You have a bet with the neighbor that you have a cow that can clear the sale barn ring in under five sec­onds.

4. If she was ever going to pay for herself, today's the day.

3. Even the bull doesn't like her and he's not partic­ularly picky.

2. The only critter on the place that's wilder than her is her calf.

1. You know those Body Condition Score charts? That's her under #1.

:lol: :clap: :clap: :lol:

She transformed your new headgate into a head­and- shoulders gate.

And on at least one occasion she turned it into a "hip huggers". Sounded like Fred Sanford's truck coming down the lane.

TexasBred":1pp5gex2 said:
:lol: :clap: :clap: :lol:

She transformed your new headgate into a head­and- shoulders gate.

And on at least one occasion she turned it into a "hip huggers". Sounded like Fred Sanford's truck coming down the lane.
Yeah, but was she still wearing it as she tore out across the other end of the pasture??

#5 is reason enough to never sit in the front row. I like excitement as much as the next 63 year old and like to get a good close look, but not THAT close and staying clean and dry and in my seat is kinda important too.

I'll add one... She knows exactly where you want her to go, and goes the other way (sees the open gate, and turns around, or opens the closed gate to let everyone out) I've had a few of both types, but just today my fencebuster cow and the rest of the group (4 cows, 4 calves, and a heifer) were in the wrong field (I had a bogus electric fence they figured out), and were all rubbing on the old greenhouse frame, so I went down there on the bike and got the fencebuster pointed in the right direction and she ran all the way to the right pasture... she knew full well she wasn't supposed to be there and seemed to remember why she spent most of the summer in the corral eating old hay... she makes a heck of a calf so I've been a bit lenient, but she certainly is on the list

Latest posts