Top 10 Cattle Producing States?

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian Cattleman":1twk5ytw said:
There's a fair gap in numbers between number one and two. Texas must have more cattle country or is there just more breeders or are they larger landholders?
Colin

Maybe their just better liars. :lol: :lol:

Texas is a pretty big state with some good county mixed in so im guessing its a fairly accurate number.

Australian Cattleman":zdmsanms said:
There's a fair gap in numbers between number one and two. Texas must have more cattle country or is there just more breeders or are they larger landholders?
Colin

Texas has more cattle country. There's a lot of difference across the state. You can run more head per acre in east Texas than west Texas. The last report I saw showed Texas to have the most of every class of cattle except dairy. California has the most of those.

Frankie":1gy4nx92 said:
The last report I saw showed Texas to have the most of every class of cattle except dairy. California has the most of those.

Texas is moving up the Dairy list though. there are many dairies being put in up in the panhandle

warpaint":cfd3a9lt said:
What else they got to do?
Might as well raise cows! :p

Hey, Hey Hey now, just because we ain't quite as redneckish (or sophisticated, whichever suits you) as some of you southern folks is no reason to make fun of us. :lol: :p We've got plenty to do like pet ol bessie and clyde the bull. We will take time out of our busy schedules though to make a pilgrimage to your part of the country for some good vittles and good company.

Seriously though, the first time I went to visit my brother in Iowa, I was amazed. Once we got into northern MO and southern Iowa about 1/2 of the fields didn't have a fence around them. I thought to myself, "how in the heck do they keep the cows in?". It just seemed weird to me because around here pretty much everybody has cattle and there are hardly any fields around with no fence around them.

Australian Cattleman":4ms2nug7 said:
Probably New York,Washington DC and Delaware and Hawaii. Just kidding wouldn't really know.
Hawaii does have one of the top five biggest ranches in the U. S. Can't remember what the rank is, though.

Latest posts