Too much Zucchini or is it oversized try this....

Help Support CattleToday:

WagaAgeyv

Reaction score
Zucchini Jam

6 cups of peeled and grated zucchini,
Great for over sized zucchini if you deseed it
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained well
6 cups sugar
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 large package of Jello, whatever flavor is your favorite,
we like to use orange and strawberry, Warpaints favorite is green apple.

Add 1 cup water to zucchini; bring to a boil and cook 6 minutes. Add sugar, lemon juice and pinapple; cook another 6 minutes. Add jello and cook 6 more minutes; then can and process as you would any other jam or jelly.

This is great on anything even ice cream.

It is nothing like its name sake. We got this recipe from some Amish friends in Lawrence Co. Tennessee.

Zucchini skillet

2-3 med zucchinis, washed, sliced thin (not peeled)
3-4 bacon strips (preferably med-thick cut), cut in very small pieces
1/2 C onion, chopped
Mozarella cheese, about 8 oz

Fry small bacon pieces and onions till onions are tender. (If too much fat left over, go ahead and drain) Add the zucchinis, cook till tender, slice mozarella cheese into thin slices and place over the top of everything. Turn heat down, cover until cheese is melted.

This is sooooo yummy!

"After many years of growing zucchini, I have found one way that has worked great. I go to the store and buy the sickest, yellowest, wilted plant they have. I take it home and put it in the rockiest area of the garden. Each week, I beat it down with the hoe and a couple of times, I turn the sheep and goats in on it. I dont water it, but allow the hot sun to beat strongly down on it. I have found that using this method, I am able to grow more zucchini than myself and my family care to eat."
Author Unknown

I'll tell you a recipe that my Mom makes that I really love: Zukes, Yellow Crooknecks, Mushrooms, and Onions(All sliced about an eighth to a quarter inch). Stir fried with a small amount of butter. Salt and Pepper. Yeah, baby.

maybe no one will check this out because the thread is old but Chocolate zuchini cake.
I froze some shredded zuc. in 2 cup portions and made on on friday. Tasty
if you have the company's coming books, check the cake book page 64.
If you don't have it, i'll write it out.

Zucchini - never grow the stuff.

My mom always said if it is gardening season and no one offers you Zucchini you have no friends.

One plant will feed a small village. :D

BTAIM - fry up some Zucchini slices and onion slices in butter and garlic - make a bacon sandwich and top it with this concoction - more the better. You will not be unhappy. Or just eat it on home made bread.

Bez>

We slice zucchini in quarters lengthwise, then halve them. Dip in Tempura batter and deep fry. We can't get them on the plate fast enough before the kids eat them. Sprinkle 'em with some parmesan and yum. Great as an appetizer or a snack - heck, I've been known to make a (fatty) meal out of 'em!

USMCRanchGirl":37ahp647 said:
We slice zucchini in quarters lengthwise, then halve them. Dip in Tempura batter and deep fry. We can't get them on the plate fast enough before the kids eat them. Sprinkle 'em with some parmesan and yum. Great as an appetizer or a snack - heck, I've been known to make a (fatty) meal out of 'em!
we do basically the same thing - but we just use onion ring batter (packaged stuff from Wal-Mart)

another good way is slice about 1/2 inch thick, coat with italian salad dressing and grill until tender - yummy!

Latest posts