Too Hot To Fish

Help Support CattleToday:

jfont

Reaction score
Spent most of the day the other day on the water, didn't catch anything but trash fish and sweated my but off. Sunday was the hottest day of the year so far, and I don't think I'm going back until it gets down to the upper 80's. 96 with a heat index well over a hundred is not a good day to play ! How's the heat in your neck of the woods ?

dun":8jssezvc said:
Unless the water is boiling it's never too hot to fish
You're probably right if you can find a good shade tree on the bank somewhere with a breeze, but in an open boat in the direct sun, you're in for a whooping. Atleast here in south La.

jfont":37qrc7da said:
dun":37qrc7da said:
Unless the water is boiling it's never too hot to fish
You're probably right if you can find a good shade tree on the bank somewhere with a breeze, but in an open boat in the direct sun, you're in for a whooping. Atleast here in south La.

Here too, but it keeps the other fisherman away so I don;t have to see them. Wife claims I consider things crowded of I can even see another boat. She's right!

Been 101-103 here in Central Texas since Sunday with about a 10 mph hot south wind. Things are drying out quickly. Probably too far NW of the hurricane to expect any relief from it either.

The high here yesterday was 72. This time of the year I sure like that breeze blowing in off the ocean. This weekend I might have to go fool a trout with a dry fly.

It's been hot here. I think that we are the only place in the world that can have 100% humidity and it not be raining....

Heat index has been horrible this year.

Brute 23":tug46dyc said:
... to hot for golf... and too co-o-old at home...

Its never too hot to fish... :D

Well I only planned on one or two-o-ooo. But I may stay for three. Love that song by Tracy Byrd.

And I agree, it is never too hot to fish. And I have never been too drunk to fish.......

Dave":2gjudoln said:
The high here yesterday was 72. This time of the year I sure like that breeze blowing in off the ocean. This weekend I might have to go fool a trout with a dry fly.
Our LOWS have been in the 70's here in north Alabama! What are the lows there?

grannysoo":h3o6xxx3 said:
It's been hot here. I think that we are the only place in the world that can have 100% humidity and it not be raining....

Heat index has been horrible this year.
Nope, there's two places like that. Last week though there was some kind of little front that made it down here and monday morning there was'nt much humidity, it was really nice outside until the sun burned it out of here at 10 am and it was back to the oven with a hot breeze to slap you in the face.

Latest posts