Too Good to Be True!

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
OK, today my cows have dropped 90% bull calves in the first three days of calving AND I have been nominated as a candidate for Who's Who Among Business Executives. (I'm assuming the latter is due to my pioneer work with the Imbalancer breed which will definitely revolutionize the cattle industry ;-) ) Just thought I'd boast while I can cause tommorrow the cow numbers will surely change and I will be able to find my glasses so I can read the fine print on the letter I received and see how much money they want. :oops: :lol2:

Congrats Jogee! One word of advice, I wouldn't send a photo in with your application if you look anything like your avatar. Wouldn't look good on your resume. :)

skyline":cf8k6by4 said:
Congrats Jogee! One word of advice, I wouldn't send a photo in with your application if you look anything like your avatar. Wouldn't look good on your resume. :)

Actually Jo is 6' 6" and all muscle. He has 20" biceps and bench presses near 500 pounds. The glasses that he is talking about are actually a cool set of shades that gives him that "secret service" look. His pearly whites would dazzle Stevie Wonder if he ever smiled. I saw him put a 2,000 pound Brangus bull in a headlock and wrestle it to the ground for branding. He never got his 3 piece custom made Armani suit dirty while doing it either or any manure on his Italian leather loafers. And that is his work clothes :mrgreen:

kenny thomas":34v0jno3 said:
Send me your bull, I have 85% heifers so far.

He's a new bull and I know I'm dreaming but what if ....? Its amazing how things will start out one way or the other but it normally always just ends up 50/50.

Hoss, I think I might better let you use my glasses. And my ruler too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jogeephus":37u49ovj said:
Who's Who Among Business Executives
:shock: Jogee, I thought you were just a common ole working man like us. :p

I've got 5 bulls and 2 heifers since the calendar flipped and 5 heifers and 3 bulls for December. Bout as close to 50/50 as you can get. November leaned heavy on the heifer side.

Angus Cowman":43beef4n said:
I thought I came out good this yr I had 61% bulls last yr I was at 52% bulls
I guess my bulls are getting older and weaker they aren't blowing the balls off of the calves :lol:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Wonder if anyone has ever had a 90% bull calf percentage. I reckon its possible. I doubt it would ever happen to me unless of course I was in dior need of some replacement heifers.

Jogeephus":19nyl9bm said:
Angus Cowman":19nyl9bm said:
I guess my bulls are getting older and weaker they aren't blowing the balls off of the calves :lol:

Wonder if anyone has ever had a 90% bull calf percentage. I reckon its possible. I doubt it would ever happen to me unless of course I was in dior need of some replacement heifers.
I think I have it figured out Jo if ya need replacements pray for bulls and if ya need bulls pray for heifers or at least that is how my luck works

Gonna start trying this for weather also

in 20007 i had 50% bulls an 50% heifers.in 2008 i had 60% bulls 40% heifers an have 1 cow left to calve.

Hey Joe, I know You've been under some stress cause of us. I mean the Boss Lady and me moving in next door. Well the Boss sez. My car salvage business [although lucrative] will stay in Minnesota. and all of it's some 14,000 units. Not enough room, She wants another 80 of pasture land from you, what do you think?

mnmtranching":au3pj5dv said:
Hey Joe, I know You've been under some stress cause of us. I mean the Boss Lady and me moving in next door. Well the Boss sez. My car salvage business [although lucrative] will stay in Minnesota. and all of it's some 14,000 units. Not enough room, She wants another 80 of pasture land from you, what do you think?

That sounds fine with me as long as I get to use your forklift to shake the cars every now and then and collect all the snakes that fall out of them. I retain 100% of the hide rights. :nod:

Jogeephus":yggzo52b said:
Angus Cowman":yggzo52b said:

I had 90% + bulls last year. This year we have had 3 calves so far and it's 100% heifers.

Same bull. I guess he's blowing the little sacks off..... :lol2:

grannysoo":dntjkaxb said:
Jogeephus":dntjkaxb said:
Angus Cowman":dntjkaxb said:

I had 90% + bulls last year. This year we have had 3 calves so far and it's 100% heifers.

Same bull. I guess he's blowing the little sacks off..... :lol2:

That's amazing. I've started year's off skewed heavily to one or the other but it normally just works out to about 50/50. I'd hang on to that bull if he can pull it off again with bull calves.

On second thought I think you should cull him and I know just the place to cull him to. ;-) :lol2:

Jogeephus":2xdbq5zb said:
mnmtranching":2xdbq5zb said:

That sounds fine with me as long as I get to use your forklift to shake the cars every now and then and collect all the snakes that fall out of them. I retain 100% of the hide rights. :nod:

Joe, that is what is good about this car salvage business. All the profit is in what we can shake out of em. :nod:

mnmtranching":r7c28kkb said:
Jogeephus":r7c28kkb said:
mnmtranching":r7c28kkb said:

Joe, that is what is good about this car salvage business. All the profit is in what we can shake out of em. :nod:

I don't know what it is about old tin or old equipment but the snakes here love it. I'd be scared to death to crawl up under a car to get a part during the early spring or fall months.

This is poor snake country, BUT I once shook a car and got more the 4 bucks change out of it! :clap:

Latest posts