Tonutti 10 Wheel V Rake w/ Kicker ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
Found a very weathered one with good teeth on it. How durable is this make? Is the kicker wheel just used with mowed hay?

I looked on Tractor House and they are asking about $3,600 for ones with better paint. Seems high?

I had a 2004 10 wheel tonutti, worst piece of equipment I have ever owned. Paid 1400$ for mine when it was 5 years old and in good shape. I wouldn't give you 100$ for another one.

We have a tonutti 4 basket tedder. Seems like the metal is poor quaility , needs weldining up several times a year and the alignment of parts is just a tick off. Bought it new, wouldn;t by another one. 8 wheel tonutti rake, have welded that up several times a hay season also, same complaint.

Neigbors had one, years ago. They ripped it into pieces. Had to reinforce everything with heavy angle iron, repaint and pass it off to someone else. Got most of their money out of it. Stay far, far away from them. Tonutti was the first to come in here for v-rakes in the late 90's. Haven't seen one around in years. Probably all in the bush in scrap piles.

Aaron":1i6oj7s7 said:
Tonutti was the first to come in here for v-rakes in the late 90's. Haven't seen one around in years.

There are still some lightly used ones down in the corn belt !!! I could PM contact info if you want it for a collection ? ;-)

Stocker Steve":3ct3xb1v said:
What made this Wop built the worst ever?
Pretty much what others have said. Required lots of welding, poor design that cought hay and dragged it up in a pile as you raked. Went through bearings faster than you could get them replaced. And if you look on here you can find a picture of mine in 2 pieces laying in the hay field behind my tractor. Something like that happend every time you used it.

Stocker Steve":2ubsuybv said:
Aaron":2ubsuybv said:
Tonutti was the first to come in here for v-rakes in the late 90's. Haven't seen one around in years.

There are still some lightly used ones down in the corn belt !!! I could PM contact info if you want it for a collection ? ;-)

I am sure I could buy a bunch of broken ones around here for pennies on the dollar and make one up that would still end up breaking.

Never heard of that brand, so I don't have an opinion. However, several years ago I paid $6,000 for a new JD 704, 12 wheel, wheel rake. I bought it to keep up with my new JD 567 baler in a combo deal. I think the rake was designed for use on a golf course, because the first time out I tore the he!! out of it when one of the dolly wheels ran over a coyote den. Tore it up again in similar fashion driving a dolly wheel into a shallow ditch. Then another time I actually broke off the end of the main cylinder shaft when my son ran a dolly wheel into a ditch. However, my cousin is an accomplished blacksmith and can do wonders beefing up a frame. I would never recommend anyone ever buying a JD wheel rake.