Tomatoes

Help Support CattleToday:

I almost always have a garden, and still hope to get some beans, squash, and a few kinds of greens out for fall. This spring between a lot of projects and a lot of rain, I didn't get anything in the ground yet. I did get some tomato plants and a couple pepper plants in some buckets.

We did a bigger garden than usual, rain hurt a lot of it but we still got enough to store quite a bit

Picked green beans and raspberries this morning and delivered to the
Chief Processing Supervisor. Then tilled some open ground to kill grass
which I will let cook in the sun before it gets water this evening.
I like raspberries and the CPS!

18 quarts of beet pickles , 12 of sweet lime pickles ; been eating squash till I'm about tired of it ! First corn coming in , first time to plant Ambrosia.

18 quarts of beet pickles , 12 of sweet lime pickles ; been eating squash till I'm about tired of it ! First corn coming in , first time to plant Ambrosia.
I love pickled beets and I have a lot of them put up.
My garden never grew corn very well but I buy it when the price gets right and can it too.
Do you can any meat?

Never can meat . We have 3 deep freezers , one devoted to venison and fish . Strangely we don't kill our own beef for the freezer . Just my wife and I now , so we don't eat as much beef as when our kids were growing up .175 head of angus beef walking on our farm and we don't have one processed for ourselves.

Never can meat . We have 3 deep freezers , one devoted to venison and fish . Strangely we don't kill our own beef for the freezer . Just my wife and I now , so we don't eat as much beef as when our kids were growing up .175 head of angus beef walking on our farm and we don't have one processed for ourselves.

I learned to can meat some years back. Beef,chicken,pork,deer and even fish.
It's easy and handy especially when you have unexpected company.
Meat potatoes carrots instant pot roast