Todays sales

Help Support CattleToday:

A friend told me a few minutes ago that the prices were some better in Missouri today. I paid more for 750 lb steers here last night than he said they brought there today. And Missouri is 600 or more miles west of me so the trucking would be much cheaper.

That's promising. Saturday and Mondays sale will dictate if I go back to the barn this Wednesday. Are you going to finish out that steer?

skyhightree1":2yb9hqcs said:
That's promising. Saturday and Mondays sale will dictate if I go back to the barn this Wednesday. Are you going to finish out that steer?
No, and not just a steer. 47 steers weighing 753 and costing 2.09. They are on their way to Nebraska with a load as we speak.

skyhightree1":8ck5rpkc said:
Oh nice. Do you have any Saturday sales up your way?
Some but I almost never go. Usually they are full of part time wanna be cattlemen and prices are out of reach for me. Traders gather calves up for these sales. One sale a couple hours away has been having 1000 head or so. It is estimated that 600+ of them are retrades. I dont need those.

kenny thomas":37w730dj said:
skyhightree1":37w730dj said:
Oh nice. Do you have any Saturday sales up your way?
Some but I almost never go. Usually they are full of part time wanna be cattlemen and prices are out of reach for me. Traders gather calves up for these sales. One sale a couple hours away has been having 1000 head or so. It is estimated that 600+ of them are retrades. I dont need those.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Maybe that's why spring lake sales and Lynchburg Is so close price wise. I only been to SL once but it was PACKED

prices%201_zpsyeonqt99.png

skyhightree1":1brw9hjt said:
kenny thomas":1brw9hjt said:
What sale is that Sky? I would like to buy some there.

barn in my back door that I buy from. I like the cheap prices but not many head
OK, I know which one that is. You should have bought this week. Future prices are up good again today.

kenny thomas":1g97dhpe said:
skyhightree1":1g97dhpe said:
kenny thomas":1g97dhpe said:
What sale is that Sky? I would like to buy some there.

barn in my back door that I buy from. I like the cheap prices but not many head
OK, I know which one that is. You should have bought this week. Future prices are up good again today.

didn't have much in weight range I like... I still should have bought some probably I will be watching forttomorrow sale report.

Latest posts