Today in the barn

Help Support CattleToday:

Woo Hoo! We can take them pretty white babys any day Dubcharo!

Congrats!!

Cotton1

Little update, 54 calves in January until now, another pair of females last night, lost a twin on a first calf heifer but she have one and doing ok. 2 nights ago a C-section on a uterine torsion with a calf backward on his back (back legs first with the belly up) first time we see that. The cow was pushing hard and the vet was not able to turn it in a good position. I was surprised to see a live calf and 2 days after they are alive and well. So it's not always perfect but in calving time you never know what's next but it's a good season so far!

As my 5 yr old niece told her grandpa when he mentioned the smell of the barn when she wanted to look at the
calfies. "Get over it Grandpa it's a farm! Ya just gotta deal with it if you want to pet calves."

Son of Butch":phiyq3wz said:
As my 5 yr old niece told her grandpa when he mentioned the smell of the barn when she wanted to look at the
calfies. "Get over it Grandpa it's a farm! Ya just gotta deal with it if you want to pet calves."
:)

Yes since at least 25 years, at the time of my father it was more in march april. Calf number 80 just hit the ground, it's a normal year for us, most of them are from AI.

Latest posts