Tobacco higher priced than Marijuana?

Help Support CattleToday:

They haven't started taxing marijuana yet...

By the way, do you know who the largest contributor to the "War on Drugs" campaign is? Very enlightening.

grannysoo":2w7eio8r said:

By the way, do you know who the largest contributor to the "War on Drugs" campaign is? Very enlightening.

No. Who?

You can still grow all the tobacco you want. If you sell what you grow, stay small time and you likely won't be bothered--but FDA now controls the game. And if you start making money, the tax man will quickly show up.

To answer your original :?: , you must get a common unit. MJ is sold as ounces or fractions of ounces while Dr Nicotine is sold as packs (or cartons of 20 packs).
To get cigs to ounces, assume 1200 cigs/lb. Get to ounces by dividing by 16. 75 cigs/oz

75 cigs=3.75 packs

I buy Marlboro Soft Pack Reds and I buy them one pack at a time. $5.51 including all taxes.
The ounce of tobacco made 3.75 packs for which some fool (me) will pay $20.66.
I'm told an ounce of MJ sells for considerably more than $20.66.
Now I'm gonna speculate that consumption patterns are different with the two, and that has to be considered. Look how long 3.75 packs feeds the habit vs how long an ounce of MJ lasts someone who isn't a rapper.
The nicotine addict is going to buy more of the product, so cost per ounce will only give a rough estimate of total cost to the consumer.

HS, there is a 20,000 square foot wharehouse less than a mile from my crib which will be full of flu cured tobacco within the next few months. For a BigMac Meal and a diet coke (supersized of course) I can get you on as a janitor for a day so you can sweep the floors. If you bring your own yard bags I'm pretty sure it would be profitable venture.

How long do you think it would take us to roll this field up and get it on the screets of New York? ;-)
IMG_1488.jpg

You mean I don't have to hire a pilot to pick it up from Brazil, have it dumped by a hired yacht, load it up on rented trucks, and have it driven to NYC?

No but we might need to get some help in rolling and packaging the things. Matter of fact, my friend has an old cigarette factory on his farm that might be the cure for this problem. Remember when there were 200 or so different brands before it was consolidated so?

john250":3gela5p5 said:
You can still grow all the tobacco you want. If you sell what you grow, stay small time and you likely won't be bothered--but FDA now controls the game. And if you start making money, the tax man will quickly show up.

To answer your original :?: , you must get a common unit. MJ is sold as ounces or fractions of ounces while Dr Nicotine is sold as packs (or cartons of 20 packs).
To get cigs to ounces, assume 1200 cigs/lb. Get to ounces by dividing by 16. 75 cigs/oz

75 cigs=3.75 packs

I buy Marlboro Soft Pack Reds and I buy them one pack at a time. $5.51 including all taxes.
The ounce of tobacco made 3.75 packs for which some fool (me) will pay $20.66.
I'm told an ounce of MJ sells for considerably more than $20.66.
Now I'm gonna speculate that consumption patterns are different with the two, and that has to be considered. Look how long 3.75 packs feeds the habit vs how long an ounce of MJ lasts someone who isn't a rapper.
The nicotine addict is going to buy more of the product, so cost per ounce will only give a rough estimate of total cost to the consumer.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

We had mental health clients who smoked like chimneys so we had them buy a cigarette roller and loose tobaco. Saved them a ton of money. Steve works with a young man who does this.

HerefordSire":3wsm2cju said:
grannysoo":3wsm2cju said:

No. Who?

Without calling names, let's just say they brew a lot of beer in America. How's your bud?

grannysoo":1tlk9uk6 said:
HerefordSire":1tlk9uk6 said:
grannysoo":1tlk9uk6 said:

No. Who?

Without calling names, let's just say they brew a lot of beer in America. How's your bud?

If I am not mistaken, the NYSE traded security is no longer listed as it was purchased by a German corp. ??????

John 250 did it ever occur to you that it was cheaper to buy cigarettes by the carton than via single pack? Also, change your "status" brand of smoke to a generic brand and you will save even more money... :banana:

Running Arrow Bill":3m4oi0eg said:
John 250 did it ever occur to you that it was cheaper to buy cigarettes by the carton than via single pack? Also, change your "status" brand of smoke to a generic brand and you will save even more money... :banana:

I think he was just helping me out RAB, with the top line retail price for comparison purposes. Great information john250...great mind. TY.

Running Arrow Bill":1u3ej4df said:

I guess I've tried about every generic brand available down here and none tasted good. Even tried some made on an Oklahoma Indian Reservation. Got a bit of a buzz but the taste and swell were awful. I'll stick with my Winstons since I've lost my touch over the years at rollin' my own.

TexasBred":2spyxdvf said:
Running Arrow Bill":2spyxdvf said:

I guess I've tried about every generic brand available down here and none tasted good. Even tried some made on an Oklahoma Indian Reservation. Got a bit of a buzz but the taste and swell were awful. I'll stick with my Winstons since I've lost my touch over the years at rollin' my own.

Oh the clients used to smoke the cheapest generic cigs and some of them stank... Oh goodness. Burning horse turd.

I used to try every cig on the market. Filters, regulars, discount, full price. Russian, French, Turkish, Egyptian.
Fresh is very important. If your brand is a low seller, they often get stale and burn hotly and rapidly. Yuck.
Same with the overseas brands. To much shipping time since they were fresh.
Puff count is generally lower on the cheaper brands. You can set the rollers to put less tobacco in there. This is also a problem with the hand held rolling machines. Those things make a pretty bad cigarette as far as the burn quality goes.
Marlboro's are well packed, fresh, and they send me a lot of coupons to help with the pain. Cut one open with a sharp knife and smell. No, I don't work for them. :)

There's nothing better then a Marlboro cigarette first thing in the morning, then one after each cup of coffee, one when I go outside,before work, during work,after work, before eating, after eating,when I'm on the tractor,and right before I go to bed. I think you get the point. I've tried every brand, and there's nothing that can go down as smooth as a Marlboro.

To the original topic, while I was going through chemo and radiation, my radiation doctor actually brought up to me that pot would (possibly) make me feel better. After 40 years of my brain being wired for "drugs are bad" thinking, I can't even consider using it though. In keeping with the price issue of drugs, the nausea medicine that I take costs $50 for one pill - one pill lasts 24 hours. That's more than pot or cigarettes, but when you gotta have it you gotta have it. :(