To our Canadian neighbors.

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
We don;t mind trading with you folks. But how about taking back your lastest export. We need this cold about as much as a one legged man needs roller skates.

dun

The Canadians could have kept it for themselves as it went through. This sharing stuff is getting old.

dun

I thought about ya'll last night feeding. It sure made 50 degrees and midting rain seem like a picnic compared to what ya'll are dealing with. Hang in there.

We had misting rain last night when I fed too. Problem is that it was 15 degrees so we got another coating of ice. But like the dog and the peach seed, this too shall pass.

dun

JPO":ws0lc0rv said:
I thought about ya'll last night feeding. It sure made 50 degrees and midting rain seem like a picnic compared to what ya'll are dealing with. Hang in there.

I'm in Akumal, Mexico in the Yucatan for a couple of weeks. It's sunny and 82. The humidity makes it seem like 88 though. I think I'll have a cerveza! 8)

Don't visit in July or August though. The heat, humidity and mosquitoes will kill you!

M Gravlee":p7hi506w said:
I'm in Akumal, Mexico in the Yucatan for a couple of weeks. It's sunny and 82. The humidity makes it seem like 88 though. I think I'll have a cerveza! 8)

Don't visit in July or August though. The heat, humidity and mosquitoes will kill you!

Macon
I used to like you!! :lol: We had a blizzard all night. Already have set a new alltime record for snowfall in one year- and we have 3 or 4 more months that we could get snow in. Having a heatwave today- its up to 2 ABOVE with only 10-15mph wind and snow drifts everywhere. But I am glad that someone is enjoying the weather. Have fun.

Well Dun, if it makes you feel any better the chickens have now come home to roost. After a week in the deep freeze in mid January (minus 55 C) we had a pretty nice end of Jan and a great Feb (the nicest calving weather in Feb I can remember). But March has come in like a lion...three calves so far today and the wind is howling from the north at 40 km/hr with blowing snow (windchill is minus 41 C) right now (which wouldn't be so bad if we had any sort of a windbreak, but we're on a bald north-facing hill and pretty open to the arctic blast , so might make you feel better about your earlier taste of normal (yuck) Canadian winter wonderland. I'm only hoping that March settles down to lamblike behaviour real soon, as there's 180+ head of cows to calve - and the majority will be in the next three weeks.
Take care and wishing you all a great calving season.
;-)

Spring grass already comining in, sure feel sorry you folks 74 deg here today. Just wait till about August we will be looking North for some relief.

Spring grass here too. Weekly outlook...highs in the lower 80's, lows in the upper 50's. I planted my spring veggies already. Getting ready to sod seed some legumes.

Just colour me green as your spring grass with envy! Can't imagine not having to put on more layers than an onion to check and chore the cows, sure makes it hard to perform those Olympian speed bursts away from overly maternal moms. (Definately not poetry in motion). More like a comedy festival.
Glad to hear that at least somewhere in North America there is grass!
Take care. ;-)

I know I would kick if I was hung with a new rope. But it's time for Baja Oklahoma to cut off the moisture. 2 plus inches and more in the offing for the next 24-36 hours.

dun

Ya'll are tougher than me, I impressed that you can raise cattle on tundra. I just not going to live where the camo needs to be white in deer season. Again hats off to all ya'll. Dun we have had so much rain this winter the calves are being born with web feet.

Latest posts