To Fence or Not To Fence?

Help Support CattleToday:

jachwhit

Reaction score
I am thinking about selling my place and I am in the process of cleaning it up. Do y'all think it would sell better as a house and 10 ac and no fence or as a house and 10 ac with a nice new hi-tensile fence around it? When I bought it, it had a half-a$$ three strand loose and crooked barb wire fence and I have taken down most of that. I have refenced enough for my one horse (4 strand all hot hi-tensile), but I wanted to get the whole place completely fenced. What are y'all's thoughts?

The only reason I'm thinking of selling is because I'll probably be moving within the next 3 - 5 months.

Absolutely would not fence, it will make your market smaller.

Depends on your location. Around here if you're in horse country and your neighbors have fenced 10 acre parcels then a fence is expected. If you're neighbors are on larger tracts or fences aren't common then save your money.

I guess i should've made myself more clear, there is already a half-a$$ three strand fence around the "pasture" and i have already replaced the parts around my house and down the driveway, just wondering if I should go ahead and fix the rest of it.

TNTuxedo, There are several similar sized properties near me that are fenced. It would be a good little place for the hobby farmer or average 1-5 hd horse owner.

Latest posts