TN walkin horse question

Help Support CattleToday:

S&WSigma40VEShooter

Reaction score
Years ago my uncle used to sale registered TN Walking horses. He won many shows with his and years ago was getting upwards of 5,000 dollars for some of his foals and colts. Back then that was alot of money. I was cleaning out his attic recently after he passed and noticed copies of some Registered Walking horses that he had that won alot of shows they were out of Spirit of Midnight. Is anyone familiar with this horse. What was so great about him? We also found some out of GO boy line and some jubilee bloodline what about em?

I think I just answered my own question.

http://www.walkerswest.com/Champs/SpiritofMidnight.htm

I was told by aunt that back then his stud fee was 1,000 dollars.

I"m not critisizing your post in any way, just an observation. I've looked at all the pictures in the links above, plus googled tennessee walkin horses, and every one I've seen seems to have overly long front feet. Like they need trimmed really bad. REALLY BAD....why is that I wonder?

jersey lilly":3rkvo2ib said:
I"m not critisizing your post in any way, just an observation. I've looked at all the pictures in the links above, plus googled tennessee walkin horses, and every one I've seen seems to have overly long front feet. Like they need trimmed really bad. REALLY BAD....why is that I wonder?

I do not know. I dont know much about horses. I just know his won alot and sold for high dollar. I remember riding his Spirit of Midnight son who was nearly 16 hands high and he was so gentle that at 5 years old my uncle turned me lose on him and around the pasture I would go him carrying me around never going to fast or to slow. He was a good baby sitter and taught me how to ride. I also found out from my aunt that my uncle was also on the TN Walking Horse board of directors at one time as well.

jersey lilly":3viw8i9y said:

Farriers will trim TWH at varying angles to increase or help the horse gait. If a TWH is more "trotty" they will trim at more of an angle to help even out the gait. I have not seen any around here left to grow extremely long on purpose.

You can't trim to fit the gait. You hafta trim to fit the angles of his bone conformation. If your not doin that, then they will be sore. Simple as that.

Latest posts