Tis The Season...

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
and I was wondering about everyone's favorite Christmas movie. For me, it's gotta be It's A Wonderful Life.

Elf hands down. It is incredibly immature, but it makes me laugh out loud every time I see it. It makes my kids belly laugh and thats a lot of the fun of watching :D

you asked the hardest question in the world.i like all the christmas movies an shows.from the old to the new.

Planes, Trains and Automobiles with Steve Martin and John Candy. I laugh just thinking about that movie.

Alice

Alice":2mfns5pl said:
Planes, Trains and Automobiles with Steve Martin and John Candy. I laugh just thinking about that movie.

Alice

That's Steve's fav. He always has to watch it. John Candy always got on my nerves, bless him.

Close second, A Christmas Story. "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!" Love the deparment store Santa and his grumpy elves. And I would have loved to have had a great slide like that to go down after the visit! I can watch it all day and night, and have.

My favorite is 'Trapped in Paradise' followed closely by 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation', 'Elf', and 'The Santa Clause'. While 'Bad Santa' had some hilarious parts, it wasn't one I would want to sit down and watch with the grandkids.

A Christmas Story -- I went to see this as a teenager and thought it was the dumbest movie ever. Now I have a greater appreciation for the humor in it.

I also really like Elf. Will Ferrell is hilarious!

Am I the only one that hasn't seen It's a Wonderful Life?

fit2btied":1e90f4i0 said:
iowahawkeyes":1e90f4i0 said:
...Am I the only one that hasn't seen It's a Wonderful Life?
I'm 53 and have never seen more than about 5 minutes of it.
yeah, I always thought it was a little weird. I haven't seen the whole thing either.

I'm 67 and never watched more than 5 minutes of "Its a wonderful life". I have a ex son-in-law that watches it every time he gets depressed, which is quite often. I think he is just full of himself!

Can't decide between A Christmas Story or Christmas in my hometown. .

A Christmas Story is great though. Fa Ra Ra Ra Ra Fa Ra Ra Ra. :lol:

But then again, I like watching A Charlie Brown Christmas too. It's a dad and daughter thing. :heart:

Lammie":1p1t038q said:
Close second, A Christmas Story. "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!" Love the deparment store Santa and his grumpy elves. And I would have loved to have had a great slide like that to go down after the visit! I can watch it all day and night, and have.

All time favorite here! Just bought the cd.

Lammie":1ccfwxwk said:
and I was wondering about everyone's favorite Christmas movie. For me, it's gotta be It's A Wonderful Life.

I agree. With "Miracle on 34th Street" a close second. A couple of oldies but goodies.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":8d66s00b said:
A Christmas Carol,the original with Alastair Cooke,I think.

Alastair Sim. Yes, I get all depressed if I can't watch that one every Christmas. It is the absolute best treatment of the Dickens classic. I am so glad you brought that up. Thought I was the only one! He's great. After that, there is a George C Scott version that's pretty good, too. I liked George C. Scott.

I can't believe that some of you have not given It's A Wonderful Life a chance. It is all about the a common man realizing that his common life was really extraordinary. Every time I watch it, it confirms my faith. I know grown men that cried when they watched it for the first time.

What do you think would change if you were never born?

Latest posts