Tires

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5":1aqocx7s said:
are too dadgum expensive. That about all I can say about it.

Yes sir you are correct no matter what the tire is going on there too expensive. I need a few 10 x 20 tires for a dump truck and grain truck I sure am not looking forward to it. I think car tires should be 25.00 each for the top of the line tire 65.00 for top of the line truck tires and trailer tires.. Dump truck tires and rig tires 125.00 each new. Tractor tires from small ones 100.00 to largest 200.00 would be good .. Implement tires 35.00 each Lawnmower tires 5.00 each... That's what I would want

Yes. You put a lot more 1 dollar bills down on the counter for everything you buy. You put more of them down because they are not worth what they once were. As the supply of dollars in our economy increases, the face value stays the same (1 dollar is 1 dollar) but the buying power has been decimated.

skyhightree1":17bubdxw said:
M-5":17bubdxw said:
are too dadgum expensive. That about all I can say about it.

Yes sir you are correct no matter what the tire is going on there too expensive. I need a few 10 x 20 tires for a dump truck and grain truck I sure am not looking forward to it. I think car tires should be 25.00 each for the top of the line tire 65.00 for top of the line truck tires and trailer tires.. Dump truck tires and rig tires 125.00 each new. Tractor tires from small ones 100.00 to largest 200.00 would be good .. Implement tires 35.00 each Lawnmower tires 5.00 each... That's what I would want
C'mon, make it simple, you want them for FREE!

I got my truck tires for $80 each.. Pretty much direct from China, but it beats paying $200 for a name brand that's also made in china.

317.50 per tire out the door mounted and balanced .

I just finished wearing out my 1st set Toyo open country as soon as I find my receipt ill post how many miles but I know its over 65k

There is a commercial on the radio that plays over and over. They say not to run on Maypops, to come and get tires at their place. Maypops...I find that funny..
Husband orders tires online and has them delivered all the way out here. He can sit down in the evening and place an order, and they'll be delivered by lunch the next day without paying extra shipping. Not always, but most times they get here the next day.

cowgirl8":3980aoey said:
There is a commercial on the radio that plays over and over. They say not to run on Maypops, to come and get tires at their place. Maypops...I find that funny..
Husband orders tires online and has them delivered all the way out here. He can sit down in the evening and place an order, and they'll be delivered by lunch the next day without paying extra shipping. Not always, but most times they get here the next day.

Well why not be a good little gal and go ask him which company he orders from.

cowgirl8":1leu3egf said:

If you keep it up your gonna a "quote of the week" that is NSFW.

Last month I bought a set of Bridgeton's complete with the aluminum rims for $425. This included mounting and balancing and replacing those tire sensors with mine. Thankfully a young man with more money than sense bought a brand new truck and had to have a set of those big mudder tires since the factory tires were just to small. I think he said he just couldn't stand to have air in the fender well. I work outdoors so I don't need mud tires since the only time I engage 4-wd is when I put it in reverse so these will suit me just fine. I was right tickled with the price especially after I sold the original rims so I have less than $300 in the whole set.

im still looking for my receipt , I have every qt of oil receipt I've ever bought in the glove box but don't know where this tire receipt is unless its with my taxes for that year. I stopped at the tire place and had them look it up from last time and he said the odometer reading was 43k miles I have 158xxx on it now so that 115k miles on this set of tires . I guess I shouldn't complain about the price

TennesseeTuxedo":2rneazb5 said:
cowgirl8":2rneazb5 said:

Don't know him but I order from discounttiredirect.com

Tires have gone up because what we demand from them has gone up. We drive heavy vehicles... with big tires... fast... loaded... and expect them to stop on a dime.

With tires you pay for what you get. Ive ran a lot of the brands and researched tires because its a big part of my vehicle cost. It usually always pays to buy the expensive name brand tire. The cost per mile is lower. I know plenty of people who still run the cheap tires and 30 or 35K miles out of them. They all say... thats all any tire is going to get. Then when you tell them thats not true I get 50-60K miles out of tires all the time. Their response is always well these aren't as expensive as those. :bang: If they are half the price you are paying more per mile to run them so they are actually more expensive, especially when you factor in you are paying to mount tires twice as often also.

On my 17 I had some tires that look like the Hankook ATs put on. The guy at Discount told me Hankook makes them for Discount Tire. They were a little cheaper so I went with them. I left a location last week and we had had a little rain. Its a windy... worn out... two lane road out of there. The back end started sliding on me in a turn with cars in the inside lane. I drive this road all the time and that has never happened before. Im betting money those tires are a hard rubber for high millage. As soon as they show a little wear I am getting rid of them. They will probably start chipping out any ways if they are hard rubber. Tried to save a buck and it bit me in the butt. :mad:

Jogeephus":cqnw056a said:
Last month I bought a set of Bridgeton's complete with the aluminum rims for $425. This included mounting and balancing and replacing those tire sensors with mine. Thankfully a young man with more money than sense bought a brand new truck and had to have a set of those big mudder tires since the factory tires were just to small. I think he said he just couldn't stand to have air in the fender well. I work outdoors so I don't need mud tires since the only time I engage 4-wd is when I put it in reverse so these will suit me just fine. I was right tickled with the price especially after I sold the original rims so I have less than $300 in the whole set.

Factory tires are junk. I take my trucks in with in a day or two of buying them for new tires. One time I thought I would give them a shot and I had 4 flats in 5 days. Got the first flat the second day. When I pulled in to discount tire the 5th day I had the spare on and had been stopping every so often to air up another tire. They didn't give me squat for the tires. The guy told me next time to bring the truck in right off the bat and they will give me a couple hundred dollars for them. Been doing that every since.

I got 67,000 miles off my last set of factory tires and still had a good amount of tread on them. Just couldn't pass on the deal.

Brute 23":33rsrl28 said:
I left a location last week and we had had a little rain. Its a windy... worn out... two lane road out of there. The back end started sliding on me in a turn with cars in the inside lane. I drive this road all the time and that has never happened before.

Maybe they slid cause you were going 111 mph in the turn instead of 110mph they were rated for :D Ya know sometimes we push things to the limit

TennesseeTuxedo":uzihhrds said:
cowgirl8":uzihhrds said:

Google it. Lol

When I bought my last new truck every one of them I looked at had 4 ply tires except the ram. It had 6 ply. Plys make a difference when your running lease roads.

I get mine on Ebay free shipping which really is just figured in the price so not free and no sales tax which adds up at 9.25 % here. They usually get here in a couple of days. I put Michelins on my truck and wifes car. The Goodyears I put on the truck last time only lasted 44,000 and I`ve gotten 60,000 plus out of Michelins at very close to the same price. I certainly will never buy a set of Goodyears again. They don`t ride as good or last as long as Michelins.

cowgirl8":3120ed95 said:

I bet ya'll go through an a $$load of tires, as big as that ranch is and all. Figured you'd have bought em off craigslist and had your help rebuild em.

Latest posts