Tires

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence":vnbpxjhi said:
Dogs and Cows":vnbpxjhi said:
I guess I'm just a hobby driver...all my vehicles go to the shop for new tires, balancing, etc. I don't have the time or equipment/tools to do it myself. I'm sure I could if I wanted, but I'd rather not...how hard is it to get a tire off the rim and back on manually?

Tim

Tim
There's nothing wrong to being a hobby driver.
As long as you don't get all be nice up about being called what you are.
Breaking and mounting tires is easy once you learn how. It's a dirty job.
Kinda like 5 said alot of times it's easier to fix it yourself than drive into town and wait in line to pay someone to do it.
Fwiw 80.00 bucks will buy you what you need.
A couple of irons, a box of plugs ,patches, tubes, and valve stems. We use the fel to break em down. Or in a pinch, just run over it.

I got people for that.

TennesseeTuxedo":2rkk8a0s said:
callmefence":2rkk8a0s said:
Dogs and Cows":2rkk8a0s said:
I guess I'm just a hobby driver...all my vehicles go to the shop for new tires, balancing, etc. I don't have the time or equipment/tools to do it myself. I'm sure I could if I wanted, but I'd rather not...how hard is it to get a tire off the rim and back on manually?

Tim

Tim
Kinda like 5 said alot of times it's easier to fix it yourself than drive into town and wait in line to pay someone to do it.
A couple of irons, a box of plugs ,patches, tubes, and valve stems. We use the fel to break em down. Or in a pinch, just run over it.

I got people for that.

Me to.. difference is I can do it without em need be.

I counted mine. Only 32 unless I missed something, but them I'm just a proud hobby rancher. And I don't even change my own oil, so as you might imagine I don't mount tires or fix flats either.

TennesseeTuxedo":iqtumym0 said:
callmefence":iqtumym0 said:
Dogs and Cows":iqtumym0 said:

Tim

Tim

I got people for that.

Well on the weekends it's hard to find a shop to fix a tire, especially a tractor tire. I usually call a tire man out to the house to fix flats anymore, but I have the tools and the possibles to fix tires when needed.
Do you soak your hands in Palmolive TT?

callmefence":2rhjfgfh said:
Dogs and Cows":2rhjfgfh said:

Tim

Tim

Harbor freight has a manual tire changer for 40 bucks. Makes it a little easier than wrestling on the ground.

I got 60 tires on the ground. But back to Getting screwed .

I did a little more research and online the best I found was 271.00 a tire
https://www.4wheelparts.com/Tires/Toyo- ... gLmvPD_BwE

I could buy them from a cash and carry place for 258.00 plus tax 7.5% 19.35 is 277.35 then 20 bucks a tire to mount and balance. then 59.00 for a front end alignment.

I just pickup my truck and wrote the check 279.00 a tire 1116.00 + 129.00 tax / disposal /valvestems total 1245.00
That included Frontend alignment
lifetime rotate and balance.

Please enlighten me where I was taken advantage of.

True Grit Farms":3968a3l8 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3968a3l8 said:
callmefence":3968a3l8 said:
Tim

I got people for that.

Well on the weekends it's hard to find a shop to fix a tire, especially a tractor tire. I usually call a tire man out to the house to fix flats anymore, but I have the tools and the possibles to fix tires when needed.

Lemon Freshened Joy same as I use as a surfacant in my sprayer.

callmefence":2rfe15ix said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2rfe15ix said:
callmefence":2rfe15ix said:
Tim

I got people for that.

Me to.. difference is I can do it without em need be.

Good deal.

callmefence":603txu1x said:
cowgirl8":603txu1x said:
DId anyone count how many tires we have to maintain? I figured someone would. its a bunch isn't it...Of course, the semi and semi trailers have a ton of tires. Hope you guys take that into account.

I just counted mine. 122 tires on the ground.
I only have 60 cows and a little fence company.
We mount and balance almost all tires ourselves. Even do front end alignment on some of the vehicles.
We started to count one time, but never got a good count. Its mindboggling. No one thinks about the expense of keeping things rolling.
Had to run to town and pick up things and I was making a turn and hit some junk on the road. Not sure what it was, but it was big and loud and broke when I went over it. I'm thinking it was a big truck or semi hub thing, that's what it looked like rolling across the road in my rearview.. Sweated it out worrying i'd have a flat. My phone had died and I was going to have to change it myself if it went flat... although I've never changed one, I can, but someone always stops and does it for me. There are gentlemen in this world, I do know that.

TennesseeTuxedo":2ae5ku36 said:
True Grit Farms":2ae5ku36 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2ae5ku36 said:
I got people for that.

Lemon Freshened Joy same as I use as a surfacant in my sprayer.

I think 5 puts it in his beard.... something like that anyway..

cowgirl8":12nz7plo said:
callmefence":12nz7plo said:
cowgirl8":12nz7plo said:
DId anyone count how many tires we have to maintain? I figured someone would. its a bunch isn't it...Of course, the semi and semi trailers have a ton of tires. Hope you guys take that into account.

We mount and balance almost all tires ourselves. Even do front end alignment on some of the vehicles.
We started to count one time, but never got a good count. Its mindboggling. No one thinks about the expense of keeping things rolling.
Had to run to town and pick up things and I was making a turn and hit some junk on the road. Not sure what it was, but it was big and loud and broke when I went over it. I'm thinking it was a big truck or semi hub thing, that's what it looked like rolling across the road in my rearview.. Sweated it out worrying i'd have a flat. My phone had died and I was going to have to change it myself if it went flat... although I've never changed one, I can, but someone always stops and does it for me. There are gentlemen in this world, I do know that.

I the same way with brain surgery. Ive never done it But I can

M-5":3syha6io said:
cowgirl8":3syha6io said:
callmefence":3syha6io said:

I the same way with brain surgery. Ive never done it But I can

I'll buy your next set of tires if you do grit first.

I tried counting last year. Somewhere around 5 or 600 I gave up. Wasn't we've never close to being there.
Just now I added up 110 just on pivots. Gave up a farm last year that had another 68.
That's just center pivots.
I bet if I was th get a real count it wold push 2,000.
Some of them cost 5,000 apiece or more. Lots of them are around 1,500.

jedstivers":1krax4a8 said:
I tried counting last year. Somewhere around 5 or 600 I gave up. Wasn't we've never close to being there.
Just now I added up 110 just on pivots. Gave up a farm last year that had another 68.

You keep on growin' and you're gonna get as big as that outfit up there in NE Texas.

Ol' 243":73bvvcet said:
jedstivers":73bvvcet said:

You keep on growin' and you're gonna get as big as that outfit up there in NE Texas.
I'm not growing at all. In fact I cut back 1,400 acres last year and if I change sizes anymore it will be smaller.
I'll leave it to the professionals to get bigger and better.

Stocker Steve":3gap049f said:
jedstivers":3gap049f said:
I'm not growing at all. In fact I cut back 1,400 acres last year and if I change sizes anymore it will be smaller.

I thought we were supposed to make it up with more volume?
We are. I'm tired of it. I can see being able to coast on out from where I am now.

Latest posts