Tired of working, millennials.............

Help Support CattleToday:

I used to jokingly tell my wife, that I was going to sell everything, and quit work. Jack knife a single wide trailer on to a wooded lot somewhere. So covered in trees, that it wouldn't grow grass. Day labor 4 or 5 days a month, to keep the lights burning. Maybe keep a few chickens and raise a little garden. Ride my horse most places I went. Finally had to quit thinking about it, the thought actually got tempting.

Bigfoot":1i9qzrn2 said:
I used to jokingly tell my wife, that I was going to sell everything, and quit work. Jack knife a single wide trailer on to a wooded lot somewhere. So covered in trees, that it wouldn't grow grass. Day labor 4 or 5 days a month, to keep the lights burning. Maybe keep a few chickens and raise a little garden. Ride my horse most places I went. Finally had to quit thinking about it, the thought actually got tempting.
Probably not one on here that hasn't thought of doing that,,but then reality bites you on the butt...

bball":1hw82g4d said:
D2Cat":1hw82g4d said:
Interesting, ""You only have one life. Why spend it doing what you don't love. Money isn't everything!" Walsh told the Post." Then start a GoFundMe account, so you who work can contribute to those who don't!

For entertainment read some of the comments under the story.

"Hey why don't we all do that? Buy gallons of sunscreen, KY, protein bars, condoms, case of tampons and just float and fish all day. What a life."

""We started freaking out because waves were coming, and it was tossing our boat back and forth," Walsh recalled........ Yeah, that does tend to happen on an ocean. Look at the bright side. They were too poor to afford an airplane."

A guilty pleasure i never pass up on..reading the comments on these links.
I never phrased it as a "guilty pleasure", but maybe that would be more honest.

I read them too. I am not sure why I do. Most of the time I end up thinking how stupid people are, or how many people don't see things like I do. I think I just like to hold a hot match until it burns my fingers.

Bigfoot":2631vb3f said:
Maybe we all have that idea tumbling around in the back of our mind.

It seems like we have two polar opposites today. One one hand, there are people like this who think life is a bowl of cherries and should all be fun. People who have time to go to appointments any time of day and camp out for concert tickets for days.

Then there is the crowd who seemingly wants to work 24/7 and says they are bored with time off. I dont understand that either. If the Lord allows, I plan to retire at age 54 or 55 and actually be retired. I will just do whatever I want and take it one day at a time.

herofan":vg6vdlvn said:
It seems like we have two polar opposites today. One one hand, there are people like this who think life is a bowl of cherries and should all be fun. People who have time to go to appointments any time of day and camp out for concert tickets for days.

Then there is the crowd who seemingly wants to work 24/7 and says they are bored with time off. I dont understand that either. If the Lord allows, I plan to retire at age 54 or 55 and actually be retired. I will just do whatever I want and take it one day at a time.
My two friends that are teachers retire in 2 and 3 years. One is going into raising cutting horse's and the other one is going into AI breeding. Both have been working towards their next jobs for a few years on the side.

True Grit Farms":31aah3dq said:
herofan":31aah3dq said:

My two friends that are teachers retire in 2 and 3 years. One is going into raising cutting horse's and the other one is going into AI breeding. Both have been working towards their next jobs for a few years on the side.

I've been looking into my next activity too; I'm trying to decide what color I want my new lazy- boy to be. :D

Latest posts