Tire problem

Help Support CattleToday:

oscarsteve

Reaction score
Walked by my tractor this afternoon and found this. I assume air has gotten between the plys, somehow. Any of you had this happen? Is it repairable? It is a front tire and I do use my loader quite a bit. Drill a hole to let the air escape and then put a tube in it? Run it like it is? Or just buy a new one (even though there's still LOTS of tread on this thing). Advice needed.

I had a Coop brand 18.4-34 Radial tire do that. It finally busted and all the fluid ran out. I replaced both tires on the tractor with new 18.4-34 Firestones bias tires.

Had it happen on a forage wagon. It blew out shortly after it bubbled so I'd get a new one (if you run it like that it will go out at the very worst time possible)

separation like that, doubt you can fix it.. Tubes for em ain't cheap,and will probably still bulge on you even with it..best to put the money toward a new one..

ga.prime said:
uhwcuw said:
DRILL A HOLE it will explode
Hahaha, funny. It wouldn't bulge any more with a tube but it would probably fall apart.
dont think I wouldn't try it, if I thought it would work.. I wired a car tag too the sidewall once to hold a inner tube in that had herniated through the side..to finish hogging :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN said:
ga.prime said:
uhwcuw said:
DRILL A HOLE it will explode
Hahaha, funny. It wouldn't bulge any more with a tube but it would probably fall apart.
dont think I wouldn't try it, if I thought it would work.. I wired a car tag too the sidewall once to hold a inner tube in that had herniated through the side..to finish hogging :cowboy:

Improvisation is the only way to survive. I had an uncle that was a Veterinarian I saw one time put a prolapsed uterus back in a cow and sew her up with baling wire.

ga.prime said:
Improvisation is the only way to survive. I had an uncle that was a Veterinarian I saw one time put a prolapsed uterus back in a cow and sew her up with baling wire.

Seen some Mexicans plug a tire once with baling twine. Plug held for years till the tire wore out.

ga.prime said:
ALACOWMAN said:
ga.prime said:

I had a prolapsed cow this year, 2am.. didn't have the "right" supplies.. no needle or thick lace.. used a tire plug inserter tool sharpened up good... sure it was painful but it worked.. she got a shot of draxxin and she did just fine.

I'd mark the spot, put a tube in the tire and inject Gorilla glue into the delaminated spot. Just don't over fill the tire with air till the glue sets.

If you can't replace it, put a piece of baler belt in, and tube it. But honestly, if I used the loader alot I would do my best to replace it.

Hook2.0 said:
ga.prime said:
ALACOWMAN said:

How about monofilament on a c section :cowboy:
Ouch, hope that was high test

Boy, my original post about the tire problem died away pretty quickly. And then like crabgrass (which I like), it popped back up out of nowhere and really spiraled into another realm. Pretty funny! Just FYI, I took the most frequent advice given and replaced that tire last summer. And BTW, my Dad was a master at repairing things with baling twine. He's been gone 5 years now and quit fooling with the cows 4 or 5 before that. But I still, occasionally, run across one of those repairs somewhere.

Latest posts