Tip jars

Help Support CattleToday:

Visited my first Sonic a few weeks ago in Peculiar, MO. Do you guys/gals tip at Sonic?

cfpinz

msscamp":1swvijgo said:
auctionboy":1swvijgo said:
msscamp":1swvijgo said:
auctionboy":1swvijgo said:
Picked up two pizzas recently and after I got my change the woman asked if I was going to tip. People asking for tips is very wrong exspecially if there job doesn't warrant one.

Why wouldn't their job warrant a tip? They cooked your dinner so you didn't have to. They provided a service, and it's no different than you walking into a restaurant and ordering dinner - tips are always appropriate in either situation.
Incorrect! Counter help is paid atleast minimum wage and not waitress pay of 5.15. It was take out. Would I tip the person behind the counter at Mcdonalds?

Each to their own, but I don't see it that way.
I see most tipping as a way for some people to try to prove they are a good person or try to make themselves seem wealthy, these self satisfactions I do not need.

auctionboy":gos2gcma said:
msscamp":gos2gcma said:
msscamp":gos2gcma said:
Picked up two pizzas recently and after I got my change the woman asked if I was going to tip. People asking for tips is very wrong exspecially if there job doesn't warrant one.

Why wouldn't their job warrant a tip? They cooked your dinner so you didn't have to. They provided a service, and it's no different than you walking into a restaurant and ordering dinner - tips are always appropriate in either situation.
Incorrect! Counter help is paid atleast minimum wage and not waitress pay of 5.15. It was take out. Would I tip the person behind the counter at Mcdonalds?

Each to their own, but I don't see it that way.
I see most tipping as a way for some people to try to prove they are a good person or try to make themselves seem wealthy, these self satisfactions I do not need.

Whatever you think. :roll:

cfpinz":24rkldpg said:
Visited my first Sonic a few weeks ago in Peculiar, MO. Do you guys/gals tip at Sonic?

cfpinz

If they bring it to my car, I tip. Drivethrough, no.

I don't want to get anything started here - but I actually agree with Auction Boy and some others.

I do tip. I don't agree with the concept of HAVING to tip.

If someone takes a job, they agree to work for the going wage.

If you are pleased with their performance and want to tip them then you should, just don't put a tip on my bill and don't expect one for sorry service.

Tip jar at the local bottle depot. I sorted out the bottles, counted them and put them in boxes. He moved boxes to the floor and rang me through the till and then not only had a tip jar but pointed it out telling me how little he gets paid.

I don't always tip. They get a wage for doing their jobs they get a tip for exceeding at their jobs. Really, I'm not very hard to please but if you are going to stand around yacking with your friends while I am waiting for service then you aren't getting tipped. If you are busy busting your butt and I don't get service you'll still get a tip. It's not an automatic and when I do tip it isn't standard percentage for everyone. I'll tip anywhere from 10% to 100% depending on the service.

When I worked retail I was always a little ticked that (at least here) it is illegal to tip salespeople. Let me tell you, helping women find the perfect bathing suit deserves a tip! :lol:

Victoria":hexgoywj said:
Let me tell you, helping women find the perfect bathing suit deserves a tip! :lol:

Now this sounds like my kind of job. I wouldn't require tips either. :lol:

flaboy?":8fnstykx said:
Victoria":8fnstykx said:
Let me tell you, helping women find the perfect bathing suit deserves a tip! :lol:

I knew as soon as I posted it that some man would say that. :p
Not all women look good in bathing suits though and when you are trying to find a woman a bathing suit that doesn't make her butt look fat when her butt is fat life becomes very sad indeed.

Victoria":3dveqe6z said:
flaboy?":3dveqe6z said:
Victoria":3dveqe6z said:

Not all women look good in bathing suits though and when you are trying to find a woman a bathing suit that doesn't make her butt look fat when her butt is fat life becomes very sad indeed.

I try not to miss an opportunity to make a joke. Life is too short to not laugh every now and then. ;-)

flaboy?":va4aaqby said:
Victoria":va4aaqby said:
flaboy?":va4aaqby said:
Victoria":va4aaqby said:

I try not to miss an opportunity to make a joke. Life is too short to not laugh every now and then. ;-)

In that case maybe you should work swimsuit sales then. Male menopause and speedos do put some humour into anyone's life. :lol: