Tiny

Help Support CattleToday:

Hoser

Reaction score
This purebred hereford cow has had 7 calves in her life all above 75 lbs, until this year when she spit out this 46 lb heifer.

This is the calf today almost 3 months old and not even 100 pounds yet. Anyone know what might be wrong with this pair?

My wife has a few pet mini herefords and she's not built like a mini. Not sure what to even do with her.

Attachments

• marquardtdl-1658294830181.jpg
    marquardtdl-1658294830181.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 20220719_195357.jpg
    20220719_195357.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
I've never had one of those dink calves ever grow fast. I decided to eat one, she finally started growing at a year old. She was a fat 1050 at 28-30 months. I won't do that again, even though she's tasty, I'll cut my losses and move on.

She's adorable! And it happens:

Here's Grasshopper!
Unfortunately she only made it 6 months tops. She never did amount to anything. But she was cute as a button while she was here. Somewhere I have a picture. My hand was about as big as her head when she was born. Her mama is long gone too. Didn't even re breed her. Screenshot_20220720-215720_Gallery.jpg

Here's my wee one.. shes from the cow that had the ooops calf last year, calf is 5 weeks old here, and actually not doing too bad.. figure about 1 1/2 lb/day gain.. I'm just waiting for her to grow antlers
View attachment 19252
Had a calf like a fawn once off a borrowed bull who we ended up keeping back, she grew into about 3/4 of her projected frame size but spat me a nice calf every year until I had to sell her. If we're being honest, I think it was the brimmer blood in her that gave her that.

Had a calf like a fawn once off a borrowed bull who we ended up keeping back, she grew into about 3/4 of her projected frame size but spat me a nice calf every year until I had to sell her. If we're being honest, I think it was the brimmer blood in her that gave her that.
this one is from the same bull as all my other calves.. I think the "deer" look she has is from about 1/8th limo
Here's a pretty close sister at 6 months.. she's chunkyIMG_20220526_103508_577 (1).jpg

This purebred hereford cow has had 7 calves in her life all above 75 lbs, until this year when she spit out this 46 lb heifer.

This is the calf today almost 3 months old and not even 100 pounds yet. Anyone know what might be wrong with this pair?

My wife has a few pet mini herefords and she's not built like a mini. Not sure what to even do with her.
Age? Maybe she is older than you think.

Here's Grasshopper!
Unfortunately she only made it 6 months tops. She never did amount to anything. But she was cute as a button while she was here. Somewhere I have a picture. My hand was about as big as her head when she was born. Her mama is long gone too. Didn't even re breed her. View attachment 19248
I know I am going to get hammered for asking, but did you check her bite for underbite?

Hoser, I know I am going to get hammered for asking, but did you check her bite for underbite? Can't tell from the photos.

Maybe she'll grow into it. What's that one in the pic's mama and can you send me your grass?
I can send it in dried baled form, but that ain't gonna be cheap
you wanted a pic of the wee one's momma? 1/2 Gelbvieh, 1/4 Limo, 1/8 Shorthorn, 1/16th of both Salers and Hereford
She's a day or two old here

IMG_20220602_090658_688.jpg

Latest posts